Predicting Cross of MA and WMA

Hi,

New to forum. Have searched custom indicators cannot see what I want. In a nutshell.

1 hour chart

MA40 (simple)

wma5 (weighted)

Close value.

At the commencement of each hour bar I want to calculate the value that the MA40 and WMA5 will (may) intersect indicated by a horizontal line, a fresh calculation to be completed at the each successive hourly period. Kindly give some guidance how this may be achieved.

Thanks,

Keltrem

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types - Documentation on MQL5

If you want to combine 2 indicators all together so sorry - I am not a coder. If you want to attach it to the chart ...

• MA with period 40 and with method simple
  • MA with period 5, method weighted

MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

XAUUSD, H1, 2013.08.07

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

xauusd wma

XAUUSD, H1, 2013.08.07, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

keltrem:

Hi,

New to forum. Have searched custom indicators cannot see what I want. In a nutshell.

1 hour chart

MA40 (simple)

wma5 (weighted)

Close value.

At the commencement of each hour bar I want to calculate the value that the MA40 and WMA5 will (may) intersect indicated by a horizontal line, a fresh calculation to be completed at the each successive hourly period. Kindly give some guidance how this may be achieved.

Thanks,

Keltrem

If you don't want to code it your self then use the Jobs service.

newdigital:

If you want to combine 2 indicators all together so sorry - I am not a coder. If you want to attach it to the chart ...

Hi keltrem,

you setup is really interesting - just look at the chart (and compare with the previous chart) :

MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

XAUUSD, H1, 2013.08.08

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

XAUUSD H1

XAUUSD, H1, 2013.08.08, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

If someone wants to try this setup so template is attached (this setup is using just standard metatrader 5 indicators).

How to instal template? Place attached file to Template folder (for example - to C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\Profiles\Templates), open the chart, right mouse click on any place on the chart, select 'Templates' from menu and find our template by name. And you see same chart as I uploaded on this post.

Files:
smawma.tpl  18 kb

newdigital:

This is the EA based on this system (attached)
Files:
macross.mq5  79 kb

But I think this EA should be improved for 3rd MA. I mean - 2 MA indicators just to open the trade, and the other two (first one and additional one) for closing the trade. Additional one should be sma with the period 21. And next improvement - stochastic or RSI as a filter (to work on overbought/oversold way). In this way - yes, it will be very profitable.

But I can not program it as I am not a coder sorry.

Reason: