Since when does the tester pass variables to live charts?

I had an EA running live on a live account, and was doing some testing to optimize the variables. In the tester, the EA realized a global stop we call account protection (max dd allowed) and it closed all the live trades! In the live account, the EA was not even close to this level. To test it, sure enough, it did it again! The EA couldn't restart until I changed the tester to test another pair and another EA (we have programmed into our EAs manual restart required when account protection is reached). This indicates the tester passed some variable to the live chart.. So ok we can test from another platform, but I've never seen this happen and if this is a bug it should be fixed or at least documented. Or was it always like this? Anyone know about this? - EES FX http://eesfx.com

have heard that globalvariables stays after testing.

run a test and check (F3)

I know this was discussed here ~1yr ago because I experience it then and was quite surprised to learn of it (and experience it).

Global variables created/modified/deleted within strategy tester are not confined to the virtual environment of strategy tester, they manifest truly in the global sense for the MT4 terminal instance.

Reason: