"Too close to market" message, can't manually close position!

I occassionally run into this situation where I cannot exit a trade early manually. I get a message "Too close to market".

Of course it's close to market, I want to exit at market.

The most recent, trading oil. I bought 1 unit, then set a SL at -30 pips (closest allowed by broker). Indicators started turning down and I tried to exit at only a 5 pip loss. The program would not let me.

I tried contacting the broker and all they can tell me is the order was "too close to market".

What makes an order "Too close to market" in a market?

Thanks for your help,

Steve

MODE_FREEZELEVEL: Order freeze level in points. If the execution price lies within the range defined by the freeze level, the order cannot be modified, cancelled or closed.

You can check the freeze level by using something like this.

double Freeze_Level= MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_FREEZELEVEL);

Alert(Freeze_Level);

freeze level and just plain stop level. If the market is too close to tp or sl, you can not close the order. On IBFX stopLevel=3pips, 30points.

If you want closer stops, you'll have to use a bigger sl and have the EA close the order at the real stop.

I bought 1 unit, then set a SL at -30 pips (closest allowed by broker)
You are using a 5 digit broker, that 30 points not 30 pips.

Thanks,

Now I just need to learn how to add the EA. I've just manually traded before.

Have a great day!

Steve

ubzen:

MODE_FREEZELEVEL: Order freeze level in points. If the execution price lies within the range defined by the freeze level, the order cannot be modified, cancelled or closed.

You can check the freeze level by using something like this.

double Freeze_Level= MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_FREEZELEVEL);

Alert(Freeze_Level);

Thanks!
Reason: