Same platform (MT4) , different brokers, different prices?

Hello

I know that each broker can set different spreads but why for example today I see an intraday low (so far) on the DAX index of:

8237.80 with IC Markets and of 8241.10 with Go Markets (both Australian brokers)?

Note that the minimum of the DAX reached (so far) today was actually 8240.61 (from Bloomberg)

Thank you 

segnali:

Hello

I know that each broker can set different spreads but why for example today I see an intraday low (so far) on the DAX index of:

8237.80 with IC Markets and of 8241.10 with Go Markets (both Australian brokers)?

Note that the minimum of the DAX reached (so far) today was actually 8240.61 (from Bloomberg)

Thank you 

Brokers fix theirs prices, you have to ask them.

angevoyageur:
Brokers fix theirs prices, you have to ask them.

How can they fix prices? I thought they only could fix the spreads!

Doesn't the data come from the same source?

Thanks 

Note: Dax just hit new low, meanwhile.

segnali:

Thanks 

They dont get it from the same place so they vary based on delays etc.

segnali:

Thanks 

What else is the spread if it's not the prices ? They have liquidity providers who provides some quotations, then they fix bid and ask price.

angevoyageur:
What else is the spread if it's not the prices ? They have liquidity providers who provides some quotations, then they fix bid and ask price.
Dont follow this man advice. Any broker who fixes prices should be avoided as much as is possible. Such brokers can be punished.

About different types of broker and how they works, see this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/12423/534184#comment_534184
Press review
Press review
  • www.mql5.com
Only content related to forex, trading, and programming for these are allowed.

angevoyageur:
About different types of broker and how they works, see this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/12423/534184#comment_534184
Thank you

segnali:

Hello

What you are looking at on MT4 is not the DAX it is a CFD instrument of the DAX
Reason: