MT4: How can I view value of each variable (after compiling the EA) after run the back test?

I mean about step by step run back test and show value of each variable. Is it possible ?

Your question seems very interesting, but I don't understand it.

What do you mean exactly? Your are certainly not refering to the "Optimisation Results" tab, are you ?

pindurs:

Your question seems very interesting, but I don't understand it.

What do you mean exactly? Your are certainly not refering to the "Optimisation Results" tab, are you ?

No, I start basic back test - not optimization. I would like to know what value has each variable defined on my Expert Advisor on every step of the running back test or normal working ea.

This information is very very very useful for people who makes code for EA, SCRIPT or INDICATOR under MQL4. Something like making macro for MS Excel - after coding program in MS Excel you can run step by step writed code and you have showed all variables values on each step - You push only F4 button and you can run code step by step.

With this information, you can easily pinpoint whether the variables take the values of what is expected from the program. So that you can easily eliminate or correct errors in the code.

there is no such thing running step by step, the only thing u can do is put some Print(), Alert() or Comment()

I see, they call it a debugger in remote areas, and I have to admit that it took me a bit of time to get used to do without.

They probably thought that it would be difficult because of the Start section beeing fired every some seconds. MQL5 has one and it's not so easy to deal with it.

pindurs:

I see, they call it a debugger in remote areas, and I have to admit that it took me a bit of time to get used to do without.

Yes, exactly I need precise debugger - with step by step option displaying values of variables compiled in expert advisor - for MQL4 editor.

pindurs:

They probably thought that it would be difficult because of the Start section beeing fired every some seconds. MQL5 has one and it's not so easy to deal with it.

They should have created a debugger to run the code one time like a script.
Reason: