Exotics into Excel

Does anyone know of a way to get intraday (hourly closing rates) of pairs like AUD/INR, AUD/MXN, EUR/RUB, EUR/ILS, USD/BRL, USD TWD etc etc, into excel? I have been trying all morning and I must admit, im starting to lose the plot. Any answers welcome.

Cheers. 

Aaronsebaronse:

Does anyone know of a way to get intraday (hourly closing rates) of pairs like AUD/INR, AUD/MXN, EUR/RUB, EUR/ILS, USD/BRL, USD TWD etc etc, into excel? I have been trying all morning and I must admit, im starting to lose the plot. Any answers welcome.

Cheers. 

Do you have a broker for this symbols ? If yes, what is your problem, what have you tried ?

angevoyageur:
Do you have a broker for this symbols ? If yes, what is your problem, what have you tried ?

No, no broker, very few brokers offer those instruments. Netdania offers all kinds of cross rates, literally thousands. But they don't offer the data for free; they provide an XML service at a cost. Yahoo Finance gives all cross rates, but its only end of day data, where I need hourly closes. And a few others offer it too, but no intraday data. 

Aaronsebaronse:

Cheers. 

Some websites publish some CSVs with many exotic data. I think you couuld try the "asynchronic way". Have you googled CSV quotes? Did you try Yahoo finance? Regards, 

Aaronsebaronse:

Cheers. 

Here there is a collection of data, http://www.quantshare.com/sa-421-6-places-to-download-historical-intraday-forex-quotes-data-for-free

hope you can find what you want!  

6 places to download historical intraday Forex quotes data for free
  • www.quantshare.com
- Full trading software (multi-database, true portfolio back-testing, advanced charting, advanced money management, composites, downloaders, neural network prediction and a lot of other plug-ins)

laplacianlab:

Here there is a collection of data, http://www.quantshare.com/sa-421-6-places-to-download-historical-intraday-forex-quotes-data-for-free

hope you can find what you want!  

Excellent, good man. A site called "stooq.com" on that link has everything, up to date as well. It will do for back testing, much appreciated.

Reason: