$$$Willing to pay to program easy script! PM me..DO YOU HAVE THE EXPERTISE TO HELP?

a

picture

You have to write a corresponding EA (Expert Advisor) in the editor, compile it and attach it to the chart in the terminal.
You can do this by double clicking on the EA shown in the Navigator window in the terminal.
Make sure you startet the execution of EAs in the terminal.

Find programing instructions in the book here https://book.mql4.com//

You can use OrderSelect and OrderTicket to work with your manually opened order.

knatterton:

You have to write a corresponding EA (Expert Advisor) in the editor, compile it and attach it to the chart in the terminal.
You can do this by double clicking on the EA shown in the Navigator window in the terminal.
Make sure you startet the execution of EAs in the terminal.

Find programing instructions in the book here https://book.mql4.com//

You can use OrderSelect and OrderTicket to work with your manually opened order.

knatterton, he want to buy for this work, i guess not make a course ;-)

Lieben Gruss vom Burgenland

lovetradin:

Hello,

Using MetaTrader 4 I set up an fxcm trading account and logged in through metatrader. Once I enter and order manually ..(i do not want any automation doing this for me upon order entry)...I would like to then automatically be taken out of the trade based on trailing stops off of support points. This example would be in the case of a buy order. If I were selling short I would want to be taken out based on trailing resistance points.

One last thing..in the case of a buy order ... the support point could easily be hit but not penetrated..so I would like the automated trail stop to automatically subtract 5 pips from the trail stop to give the market some room to touch the stop again without taking me out of the trade.

I would also like to use a different time frame than the ones offered. In this case a 38 minute time frame.

Could someone please post instructions on how to do this..I am new to metatrader 4 and do not know how to load a script into the chart.

Thank you kindly!

Lovintradin

I can help you.. check your private message!

lovintradin - what you are talking about is called a 'trailing stop loss' - just pointing out that MT4 already has built in trailing stop features.

The only reason you would need to write your own trailing stop loss is if you are seriously scalping/pip hunting. My MT4 client has a minimum trailing stop of 15 points which is pretty small.

Reason: