Decoding Json to array

Hi,

I am using the http library posted elsewhere on this forum to retrieve some data from a remote server into an MT4 EA. The data is formatted as a JSON string. What is the best way to decode this data into arrays? Any shortcuts?

I'm guessing not :(

Thanks for any efforts to thelp.

jspark:

What is the best way to decode this data into arrays? Any shortcuts?

No shortcuts that I can think of.

If you are trying to read a news calendar, then there will be alternative sources in easier formats such as XML. If you are trying to read "social indicator" data, don't bother. None of them work. (For example, when Currensee started their Trade Leader programme, the figures inadvertently revealed that the average performance of a Currensee member was -70% per year. Therefore, you don't want to be doing anything based on whether Currensee members are long/short a particular symbol. Similarly, Oanda's stats routinely show that a majority of open client positions are in loss. Before using a "social indicator", you need to know that the sample group is successful, and that there is no survivor bias, or similar effect, which makes the group appear effective.)

> figures inadvertently revealed that the average performance of a Currensee member was -70% per year

Is the group position thus a contrarian indicator?

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

Is the group position thus a contrarian indicator?

<g>

No, for the same reason that you can't create a profitable strategy by taking a losing strategy and inverting it.

Reason: