[Need help] To run an EA on one bar chart only - page 2

I told him as u can c above, just what you said and yet he wants to change end of story

qjol:

I told him as u can c above, just what you said and yet he wants to change end of story

Ok ok no need to get angry :-) . Thank you both for responding. What i did is starting the EA in for example timeframe M15. When i loo at M1 or M5 i see then the EA is running there also. I did not know that i had to start the EA in M5 and in order to allow the EA to run profitable (in the tester it operated best on M5) i should not change charts.

qjol:

Read the whole post

7bit:

This has nothing to do on which chart it runs. I suggest you learn a bit more about calls to the iXxxxx() functions before you throw around wild and unfounded speculations and give wrong and misleading answers. You can call iMA() (as well as any other built in or custom indicator) for any timeframe from any other timeframe. Otherwise there would be no need for the timeframe as function argument.

Also this has nothing to do with the OP's question. He wants to run it on M5 so he just needs to attach it to an M5 chart and remove it from all other charts and don't switch the timeframe on that chart anymore and ignore qjol's wrong answer (this change in the code would be wrong).

Just run it on M5 as it is -> Problem solved.

[edit replaced M15 with M5, same principle applies. The iMA() has nothing to do with it]

But, you state: remove it from all others. That's the 'problem'. How do i do that, when i install in M5, it apperas in all other frames. When i remove it from M15, it is also removed from M5......

It doesn't appear on all timeframes. It appears only on the chart you put it on. If you change timeframes it's still on that chart - only that chart.

Don't change the timeframe of that chart.

open a second chart and play with that.

WHRoeder:

It doesn't appear on all timeframes. It appears only on the chart you put it on. If you change timeframes it's still on that chart - only that chart.

Don't change the timeframe of that chart.

open a second chart and play with that.

Thnx!

Reason: