MT5 multi-order problem

I have been using a very successful Forex  strategy trading on MT4, but am not sure if I can use it with MT5.

The strategy depends on placing two separate orders for a currency pair and being able to change the stop loss position of both orders independently and then closing one order and letting the other one run.

With MT5, opening two orders on the same currency pair results in just one order with the two volumes combined and one stop loss. Is there a way I can mimic the two order strategy in MT5?

Plenty of other strategies I have read about use two, or more, separate orders.

You can read this article : Orders, Positions and Deals in MetaTrader 5

As to 2 separated orders for same pair ... I am not sure about 2 different stop loss values but you can use partial closing for example?

jimbernice:

I have been using a very successful Forex  strategy trading on MT4, but am not sure if I can use it with MT5.

The strategy depends on placing two separate orders for a currency pair and being able to change the stop loss position of both orders independently and then closing one order and letting the other one run.

With MT5, opening two orders on the same currency pair results in just one order with the two volumes combined and one stop loss. Is there a way I can mimic the two order strategy in MT5?

Plenty of other strategies I have read about use two, or more, separate orders.

Maybe this topic Applying various trading styles (hedging...) with MT5 can help you ?
Reason: