HELP! Error 130: 5 digits switched broke a perfectly working robot - page 2

I wish Metaquotes people add a patch to their platform on the next build to normalize the OrderSend() values internally. This is real simple for them. Otherwise, this is a real pain in the neck!

RJKool:

Here you go big pimpin! The PIPOINT function finds the value of the pip no matter what. This can be used for any currency pair. Everything else in this code, I put in here is to help you understand the usage of it. LET ME KNOW THIS WORKS FOR YOU!

I tried the functions from your script and also they generate error 130.

robotalfa:

I have to say that I tried the function with stoploss and takeprofit both equal to 0.00000 and the order did work in the EURUSD pair.

Sounds like IBFX has gone to using a "bridge" which means you have to issue ordersends without SL and TP values, once the order is accepted then you issue a subsequent ordermodify to ammend the SL and TP values.

1005phillip:

Sounds like IBFX has gone to using a "bridge" which means you have to issue ordersends without SL and TP values, once the order is accepted then you issue a subsequent ordermodify to ammend the SL and TP values.

Not an elegant solution but if it has to be done, that's what i'll do... I just tried your suggestion and it worked... problem solved!

Thanks phillip and everybody for the help!

Please contact IBFX and confirm that this is what must be done. Live chat is pretty helpful.

1005phillip:

Please contact IBFX and confirm that this is what must be done. Live chat is pretty helpful.

I know and I did, they couldn't help and they didn't mentioned anything about a bridge either... they're best suggestion was to send the script to their help department so their programmers could find a solution.

P.S. This is not a big fix for me, not an elegant one like i mentioned before, but certainly doable and it works...

I was more curious to hear what IBFX's suggested fix is. I could be right for all the wrong reasons, this could have nothing to do with IBFX using a bridge or SL/TP ordermodify being required. Trust me I can appreciate the "its good enough so I'm not going to waste anymore of my time looking for better ways to deal with this" attitude...80% of my code was born from similar frustration.

But this is one of those occasions where you have the chance to see what the broker's paid professionals have to say and then you could share their wisdom with the rest of us! IBFX could very well have a better way to skin this cat (to use an archaic and cruel-sounding metaphor).

Hi,

I do have same problem with OrderSend function and got error 130. I have contacted IBFX and here's a link to their site that will show the modifications for the expert advisor:

http://www.ibfx.com/Corporate/ post/2010/07/07/Market-Order- FAQs.aspx

Hope that helps!

Awesome, thanks for sharing the link!

Thanks guys, I had the same problem with my EA for some time now, I was very surprised that my EA missed soo good entries. I wasted a day trying to figure this one out.

PS. does it mean that IBFX has an "ECN" style order processing now ?

Reason: