a question about Ordermodify() lotsize?

dude, currently i do some experiment on positions sizing on buy/sell limit/stop orders

i had a little trouble when it comes to modify lot size of an order(s) what i did was delete previous order then send new order

this is what i did:

if stop loss modified it will recalculate lot size of a trade

delete previous order

send new order with new correct lot size

i hate my logic :( it takes time as it deletes and send new one, price has move. that logic is not fast enough...

i try to use Ordermodify() but... i can't find how to modify lot size on open order, anyone have any good idea about this? hehe don't tell me to move my broker :P

ricx:

i had a little trouble when it comes to modify lot size of an order(s) what i did was delete previous order then send new order [...]

• With your current method u r effectively paying double spreads (for the smaller lot size).
  • To decrease lot size u can do a partial close (if your broker supports it).
  • Increasing lot size makes no sense, since the current price will almost surely not be the same as the already opened order, but regardless - just open another order.

I mean for pending orders(limit / stops)... not an order(s) that has been executed (running)

ricx:
I mean for pending orders(limit / stops)... not an order(s) that has been executed (running)
Oh. No... You can't modify lot size of pending orders.

gordon:
Oh. No... You can't modify lot size of pending orders.

ok, thank you :)

Reason: