INDICATOR TEST : Maintaining Regular Arrays instead of Index Buffer - Cannot conclude....

On answering a question on IndexBuffer I realize I myself still don't have full grasp on the nature of regular arrays used in Indicators, So, I made a test to achieve that, and have the followings :

- If I use a regular array (let's call it RegArray[]) to calculate on prices then an IndexBuffer calculate base on that RegArray. I need to resize and keep that values as a series order. How can I make sure the values I stored in RegArray[] is preserved and is in order after resizing. In other words To have greater than the eight(8) preset IndexBuffer limitations but to be sure the result is correct/identical.

- I use a sequence of ArraySetAsSeries(RegArray, false), ArrayResize(RegArray, Bars), ArraySetAsSeries(RegArray, true) on each added new bar. This is based on a post by Mladen whose many great Indicators we have used. The difference of not setting array to false before resizing it, is noticeable, but I cannot draw a convincing conclusion.

- Plus the Indicator is tested (& is working, line is visible) on Strategy Tester using visual mode & slow speed so I can read the Print in Experts tab & compare. But somehow it's not working on live chart.

I spent hours & made at least 50 compiles & rewrites & still can't make sure I achieved my aim. Please help....

The test indy is atthaced. I appreciate any help and input..

kind regards

cameo

Files:

No takers? why am I not surprise :)

coding EAs are relatively easy... hacking an Indicator takes much more work. If you don't know the state of your arrays to the 'T', then a lot of unexpected things can happen.

Guess I'll need to be more patient in cracking this...

Reason: