auto update system of MT4

Hello.

I would like to inquire about auto update system of MT4.

When the system of MT4 was improved newly, a massage "Click this button for Update " appears in opening MT4.

I am trying to make a completely automatic system also including with rebooting PC .

But when this massage appears it cannot help interrupting because this condition cannot be broken as long as I do not click this button mannually .

So I would like to set MT4 in the lest this massage should appear.

I will execute the system update manually on the time convinient for me later .

Is it possible ?

If it is possible, how may I set MT4 ?

Post your sollution please .

22d:

Hello.

I would like to inquire about auto update system of MT4.

When the system of MT4 was improved newly, a massage "Click this button for Update " appears in opening MT4.

I am trying to make a completely automatic system also including with rebooting PC .

But when this massage appears it cannot help interrupting because this condition cannot be broken as long as I do not click this button mannually .

So I would like to set MT4 in the lest this massage should appear.

I will execute the system update manually on the time convinient for me later .

Is it possible ?

If it is possible, how may I set MT4 ?

Post your sollution please .

Just to share my observations, although what I observed in IBFX doesnt mean it will apply all the time, and to all brokers.

For my demo MT4s, the upgrade was offered regardless of what day or time it is.

For my live ones, the upgrade was offered when the market was closed (e.g. saturday or sunday).

In the MT4 installation folder there is a file called "liveupdate.exe", if memory serves me correctly. If you rename this file, then the automated updated process will not happen.

CB

jcadong5 wrote >>

Just to share my observations, although what I observed in IBFX doesnt mean it will apply all the time, and to all brokers.

For my demo MT4s, the upgrade was offered regardless of what day or time it is.

For my live ones, the upgrade was offered when the market was closed (e.g. saturday or sunday).

Thank you for your post, Jcadong5 .

You answer is a good refference for me .

cloudbreaker wrote >>

In the MT4 installation folder there is a file called "liveupdate.exe", if memory serves me correctly. If you rename this file, then the automated updated process will not happen.

CB

Thank you for your post, cloudbreaker .

I would like to inquire moreover .

Do you think MT4 arouses the system trouble occasionally in case that I use it without updating after an update is offered by Metaquotes newly ?

If I try to update it and a new update has been already offered by Metaquotes moreover then,

do you think a volume to be updated at the first oppotunity can be offered additionally then ?

22d:

Thank you for your post, cloudbreaker .

I would like to inquire moreover .

Do you think MT4 arouses the system trouble occasionally in case that I use it without updating after an update is offered by Metaquotes newly ?

If I try to update it and a new update has been already offered by Metaquotes moreover then,

do you think a volume to be updated at the first oppotunity can be offered additionally then ?

Sorry, I don't fully understand what you are asking. I've not had any problems with delaying updates using this method. And you obviously can, at your convenience, change the filename back and accept the update.

CB.

Reason: