how to load a code to the library

After I have a code saved on my files how do I load it to the expert library?

Thank you for your help.

man16:
After I have a code saved on my files how do I load it to the expert library?

Thank you for your help.

man16,

- what code are you writing? EA, Indy, Script, Library, Include?

- assuming you wrote it on any code editor but MetaEditor, you still have to compile it with MetaEditor to make a working .ex4 expert, indicator or script.

Better to wrote it using wizard from MetaEditor... It automatically goes to the correct folder.

- do you mean expert advisor or a library file? A library can be .mq4, .ex4 or .dll and Include has .mqh extension, while an EA can be .mq4 and as I mentioned .ex4

- EA goes inside the folder expert but not on specific folder. the rest goes to their respective folder name...

HTH

cameofx:

man16,

- what code are you writing? EA, Indy, Script, Library, Include?

- assuming you wrote it on any code editor but MetaEditor, you still have to compile it with MetaEditor to make a working .ex4 expert, indicator or script. Better to wrote it using wizard from MetaEditor...

- do you mean expert advisor or a library file? A library can be .mq4, .ex4 or .dll and Include has .mqh extension, while an EA can be .mq4 and as I mentioned .ex4

- EA goes inside the folder expert but not on specific folder. the rest goes to respective folder name...

HTH

Thank you for your answer.

I have downloaded a file from this site--A written code. I am able to compile it on metatrader but dont know how to have it in the library and run it on the chart.
I am not that good with tech. Maybe will need proffessional assistance!

man16:

I have downloaded a file from this site--A written code. I am able to compile it on metatrader but dont know how to have it in the library and run it on the chart.
I am not that good with tech. Maybe will need proffessional assistance!
you still haven't told what is your code/file. Is it a secret or something? To be able to help you will need to tell at least what kind of file it is!
Added: don't need professional if all you need is putting a file for use in MT4. A simple copy & paste in the appropriate folder as I explained will do.

man16:

The terminal looks in specific locations for specific file types. You need to make sure the file is saved and compiled in the correct directory. Find the file for your brokers metatrader and then the experts folder. EA's go here, indicators in indicators and so on. If you can't find the correct directory, the easiest way as Cameofx said is to open up editor (from the terminal) use the wizard to create new what ever file type and then paste your code, save it and compile it. The wizard will put it in the right place and then you will see it available in the navigator window.

Of course if the file is not MQL4, then that's a different issue.

man16:
Maybe will need proffessional assistance!

This place is full of "proffessional assistance". You just don't have to pay for it ;)

No big secrets,

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

I dont mind not paying.
Reason: