How to populate array with for loop

Is it possible to populate an array with a for loop for instance say I have an array:
my_array [26] [4]

and I have 26 variables a through z and I want to put them in the third column how would I write a for loop to do that ?

SDC:

Is it possible to populate an array with a for loop for instance say I have an array:
my_array [26] [4]

and I have 26 variables a through z and I want to put them in the third column how would I write a for loop to do that ?

A for loop won't help; U still need one line per variable.

SDC:

my_array [26] [4]

Why not use one array variable for example AtoZ[26]; ?

Your post recalled an idea I once had but never tested, if gordon or anyone would like to confirm, it would be great :

- the variables' names need to be sequential - such as your example a to z (we can use CharToString) - we could use a loop & concatenate the base name with an increment;
and then put that string into a function that fills the values....

ADDED : I quickly recognized the flaw in declaring those variables :D ... I guess that's why we have arrays