verify history center data

hi all,

this is always a problem to me.
when i try to download the history, the data seems to "jump" from one date to another leaving a missing period

how can i ensure the quality of my data to backtest me EA?

adding on

my broker is alpari uk

the missing data is from 12/03/10 - 25/03/10

doshur:
adding on

my broker is alpari uk

the missing data is from 12/03/10 - 25/03/10

U can have a script check for gaps in HST files. Unfortunately, MT4 platform is deigned to download data between the last date in the HST file and current date, but it wont fill any gaps in history prior to that. U need to delete all history from the earliest gap and then let it download again.

gordon:

U can have a script check for gaps in HST files. Unfortunately, MT4 platform is deigned to download data between the last date in the HST file and current date, but it wont fill any gaps in history prior to that. U need to delete all history from the earliest gap and then let it download again.

actually i tried that

but again the "GAP" is there

and it is happening to every other pair, not just one.

doshur:

actually i tried that

but again the "GAP" is there

and it is happening to every other pair, not just one.

Hmmm... I have seen these kind of problems reported in the forum in the past. Never had them myself though. You should try searching if u haven't done so. Good luck!

contact your broker, their server may well be missing the price logs from that time period

1005phillip:

contact your broker, their server may well be missing the price logs from that time period

I have tried contacting them.

Thanks for the advice.

Is there any HST reader around so that I can look into my HST files?

doshur:

I don't know what u mean by "HST reader", but u can find examples of scripts working with HST files in the codebase (search for 'HST').

The built-in "import" feature of History Center can be used to "view" hst files. It can be tedious if you have lots of bars though as the scrolling granularity is rather large.

doshur wrote >>

I have tried contacting them.

Thanks for the advice.

If you don't get a satisfactory response or timely response I would advise you to take this as a red-flag that your broker is one of those you should be avoiding.

Broker response time should never be of the nature that you find yourself relying on the help of anonymous people in a public forum. Your broker has a vested financial interest in providing you with timely solutions, we do not, therefore if our solutions are more timely then your broker's then you should have an issue with that.

If I were to ever find myself in the position where my characterization of my broker's support is "I have tried contacting them..." my action item list would suddenly have "find new broker" in the top priority spot.

should the broker support be 24/7?
Reason: