resume from sleep

Resume from sleep (WinXP) causes strange charts behavior: Select any volatile currency pair, lets say GBPUSD, select M1 timeframe to see changes frequently, then put your PC into sleep mode. Wait a awhile (a minute should be enough), resume your PC and now you can observe: the MT5 is not restoring connection to the server, you will need to make manual login. And much worse, at next tick your chart will become void (blank), until you will not change timeframe, for example from previous M1 to M5 and back.

Have anyone similar experience, please?

And some other minor trouble (exists also in the MT4):  On secondary monitor I can't pick a new color for any indicator properly: The color dialog is shown, I can pick a new color, but as soon as the the color dialog is closed the old color remains unchanged.

Well, maybe the MT5 developers will make some improvement... or (better) someone give me a hint what to change to make this troubles vanish on my PC :-).

Cheers,
Johnny. 

Thank you for message.

We will check it.

I tried to reproduce your problem but unfortunately I couldn't.

Could you make screenshots to show state of terminal before and after hybernation?

alexvd:

I tried to reproduce your problem but unfortunately I couldn't.

Could you make screenshots to show state of terminal before and after hybernation?

Yes, sure, I attached them for you, but... when you wasn't able to repeat my trouble, I decided to make much more testing. I have access into 3 PC's, and I installed the MT5 into all of them. Results was a bit surprising: 1PC has troubles exactly as I described. 2PC: was unable to reconnect, but manual login works nicely. 3PC: everything works well. Soo... the problem is on my side, and I must apologize to you, to spent your time for nothing. Sorry.
Files:

johnny1:
I must apologize to you, to spent your time for nothing. Sorry.

Do not apologize. The problem that I see in pictures, really exists. We know about it and we will fix it.

1. I still can not reproduce the problem with the need to manual login after waking computer up.
  2. I still can not reproduce the problem with changing color of indicator on secondary monitor. Are you able to change color on PC which has one monitor only?

alexvd:

Do not apologize. The problem that I see in pictures, really exists. We know about it and we will fix it.

1. I still can not reproduce the problem with the need to manual login after waking computer up.
  2. I still can not reproduce the problem with changing color of indicator on secondary monitor. Are you able to change color on PC which has one monitor only?

Thanks. I am really glad, that you take it seriously, and I will do my best to help you reproduce the problems.

Color change (the easiest first :-) :

1. Start MT5 (terminal.exe), normal window (not maximized, also not minimized).
  2. Drag it onto secondary monitor (my configuration is: secondary monitor exactly _above_ the primary one).
  3. Press F8, click on the Colors tab.
  4. Click on the "lime square" for the Bar Up dropdownlistbox (I hope that lime is default color for the bar up). You should got the color selection window.
  5. Click on the "red square" inside the color selection window. The color selection window disappear, but the "lime square" for the bar up, remains lime.

Attached screenshots: color1.png=the color tab; color2.png=the color selection window.

The manual login after wakeup:

1. Windows XP: click on the  Start button, then "Turn off computer", then "Stand by". Your machine should go into sleep.
  2. Wait 2 minutes (I had running a stopwatches, and I waked up my machine at around 2 mins and 10 seconds ... but I don't think that some seconds will play a big role. But on the other hand, when I was waiting only 8 seconds (very shortly) then mt5 behaves well.
  3. Now you can see that the small wheel in the Connection status is spinning forewer (surely more than 10 minutes) ... see the login1.png screenshot
  4. After manual login the small spinning wheel returns back to "tick state" ... see the login2.png.

And now something new: On the login2.png you can see that the grid values on the right chart side have some space before window border. When you will press F8 button now, and then immediately click on the OK button, the space is vanished (which is much better (I have small monitor)) ... see the space.png.

Well I hope that helps :).

Files:
color1.png  53 kb
color2.png  50 kb
login1.png  220 kb
login2.png  54 kb
space.png  55 kb

Are you able to change color on PC which has one monitor only?

I forgot to give you answer: The color selection does NOT work only on secondary monitor. As soon as I drag the MT5 window back to my primary monitor it works well.
Reason: