Strategy Tester Visual mode - different results with different speed...

Hi dear community,

If someone could explain how this can be I would be very thankful. I fear not to be believed so I will post a video showing the exact problem if neccessary.

I am using one include-file and also painting 1 new Fib-retracement + 1 new Fib-expansion every new candle on the M1. Theese levels are used as TP / SL-levels.

And that is also where my problem is.

If i run the strategy tester in 31 x speed visual mode, the tester will put tp for the orders 2 levels ahead just like it is programmed to do.
However, if i either increase the visual speed to 32x OR disable visual mode, the TP´s placed on the orders will be set to just 1 level ahead.
Some type of calculation relating to theese Fibo-targets seem to be unable to calculate in time in the 32x mode.
I have not yet included my code since to me it sounds irrelevant how it looks because it should logically produce the same results.

Is here anyone with some insight what could cause this weird behaviour without me having to post my entire 600 line code and / or making a video to show the problem?

Thanks alot for any response!

/ McKeen

Sounds buggy. I am sure I have seen some posts in the past relating to problems with indicators and visual mode, but I don't remember anything specific at the moment. Maybe search for those terms...

backtesting will always use the current spread from the server, maybe this is the real reason and not the speed setting? Each time you start the backtest you will have a different Ask-Bid spread and this might influence which orders are triggered or missed or otherwise influence some of the calculations in your EA. Try testing in disconnected mode.
Reason: