{

return (0);

}

int init()

{

Print("start");

return (0);

}

I tested it with "every tick" and "open prices", for various time ranges - 1year, 10years, 3years etc.

I set Period=15M.

Now when I'm looking at the journal, I see many missing dates! For example, running from 1.1.2010 to 2.1.2010 gives:

Where are all the days from 1.13 to 1.21? From 1.21 to 1.29?

And look at 1.21. Did it really have only 7 quarters of hour, all in 13:00??

See the data from History Center:

So the MetaTrader actually has all the data, just the Strategy Tester won't pass it to the expert.

In the Options window, I set the "max bars in history" and "max bars in chart" to the maximum value, so the problem isn't there.

Also I tried it on Alpari's MT and another local broker's MT. Problem persists.

Also I tried it not only on that simple expert - but also on more sophisticated ones, and on the demo experts which comes with the MT. All same results.

Also, importing a good data file via history center, doesn't help.

How can I fix it and properly test my EAs?

Thanks much!!

Troy McClure.

naturalog:

In the Options window, I set the "max bars in history" and "max bars in chart" to the maximum value, so the problem isn't there.

Also I tried it on Alpari's MT and another local broker's MT. Problem persists.

Also I tried it not only on that simple expert - but also on more sophisticated ones, and on the demo experts which comes with the MT. All same results.

Also, importing a good data file via history center, doesn't help.

How can I fix it and properly test my EAs?

Do u have any errors in the journals/experts log?

gordon:
Do u have any errors in the journals/experts log?

Generally, no errors at all.

Only sometimes, when I select "Every tick", I see some mismatch errors (between OHLC), but from simple investigations it seems irrelevent to the described problem.

naturalog:

Generally, no errors at all.

Only sometimes, when I select "Every tick", I see some mismatch errors (between OHLC), but from simple investigations it seems irrelevent to the described problem.

Here's a list of things you can try:

1. Rule out possible cache/FXT corruption problems: close the Terminal and completely delete the 'tester' folder in your MT4 installation folder (this will delete all old FXT files and caches).
  2. Verify that mismatch errors are not affecting the test: download M1 data for the symbol tested (make sure the data downloaded properly with no gaps -> in history center). Run your test on M1, 'every tick' model; tick data will be (almost) the same anyway, see here -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/121630.
  3. Possible Print() statement limitation: I have seen rare occasions when print was not so reliable, specifically when the log file was huge. Perhaps u should print to a custom log file, or print only if there are large time gaps between ticks (check this via code)...
  4. This is a long shot, but maybe FXT size limitations? MT4 cannot read FXT files beyond 2GB -> check FXT files size, they are created in "..\MT4\Tester\history\" (you first need to start the test...).
  5. Verify that your Terminal is not hitting your virtual environment's memory limitations (I have noticed u r running ubuntu) or maybe just use a XP box to rule out that linux has anything to do with it.

p.s. That broker sucks. I recommend u use 'unholy' brokers ;-)

Thanks Gordon,

But nothing helped. Tried it all.

I'll be glad for more ideas, and also to hear your opinions regarding broker's holiness :)

I guess you cannot write everything here, so my email is mcclure.troy at ymail.com

Please, try this simple expert I've wrote in my first post, and see if you also encounter gaps in dates.

Thanks again!

Troy.

naturalog:

I'll be glad for more ideas, and also to hear your opinions regarding broker's holiness :)

My only other suggestion would be to try other brokers, but you already tried 3... Don't have any other suggestions. Sorry.

Brokers are not supposed to be discussed here, so PM me if u want to talk about it.

I have the same issue, it seems like a major bug in the system.

Do you know if it is reliable to use with real money in real-time environments, or my I expect losing all my money due to this bug????

mobee:

I have the same issue, it seems like a major bug in the system.

Do you know if it is reliable to use with real money in real-time environments, or my I expect losing all my money due to this bug????

The reported problem is with the Tester and has nothing to do with Live trading.

Yes, the platform is stable and reliable, but whether u lose or profit depends on the EA (and some other factors).

Hello everyone,

Please try this simple EA .Printing may be skipped.

int init()
{
   return (0);
}

int deinit()
{
   return (0);
}

int start()
{
   static int i = 0;
   i++;