Wrong values exporting MT4 data thru DDE

Hello,

I'm finding wrong data when I export live information to an Excel lookalike:

Here you can see the formules in cells:

And these are the displayed results:

USDJPY data is correct and the "Full" and "Time" columns too, but the bid, ask, high and low data is wrong (except in USDJPY)

Any clue?

Cheers

Francisco

frangonve:

I'm finding wrong data when I export live information to an Excel lookalike...

Which excel lookalike is this?

gordon wrote >>

Which excel lookalike is this?

openoffice calc

frangonve wrote >>

Hello,

I'm finding wrong data when I export live information to an Excel lookalike:

Here you can see the formules in cells:

And these are the displayed results:

USDJPY data is correct and the "Full" and "Time" columns too, but the bid, ask, high and low data is wrong (except in USDJPY)

Any clue?

Cheers

Francisco

It looks like an OpenOffice Calc problem, because I've opened the same DDE-Sample.xls file in the same PC with Excel and the data displayed is correct, so I think I'll have to ask to OpenOffice community.

Hi,

The syntax is not the same with Open Office Calc as with MS Excel !

Excel: =MT4|BID!USDCHF

Calc: =DDE("MT4";"BID";"USDCHF";1)

Refer to the help from Open Office Calc. A fourth parameter allows you to specify a formating mode on the input data. Conversely Excel asks you to play with the Regional Settings to control that input format to not confuse with the display format.

From Open Office Calc help:

DDE

Returns the result of a DDE-based link. If the contents of the linked range or section changes, the returned value will also change. You must reload the spreadsheet or choose Edit - Links to see the updated links. Cross-platform links, for example from a OpenOffice.org installation running on a Windows machine to a document created on a Linux machine, are not allowed.

Syntax

DDE("Server"; "File"; "Range"; Mode)

Server is the name of a server application. OpenOffice.orgapplications have the server name "Soffice".

File is the complete file name, including path specification.

Range is the area containing the data to be evaluated.

Mode is an optional parameter that controls the method by which the DDE server converts its data into numbers.

Mode

Effect

0 or missing

Number format from the "Default" cell style

Data are always interpreted in the standard format for US English

Data are retrieved as text; no conversion to numbers

And you get:

Cheers,

Bernard

berix wrote >>

Hi,

The syntax is not the same with Open Office Calc as with MS Excel !

Excel: =MT4|BID!USDCHF

Calc: =DDE("MT4";"BID";"USDCHF";1)

Refer to the help from Open Office Calc. A fourth parameter allows you to specify a formating mode on the input data. Conversely Excel asks you to play with the Regional Settings to control that input format to not confuse with the display format.

From Open Office Calc help:

DDE

Returns the result of a DDE-based link. If the contents of the linked range or section changes, the returned value will also change. You must reload the spreadsheet or choose Edit - Links to see the updated links. Cross-platform links, for example from a OpenOffice.org installation running on a Windows machine to a document created on a Linux machine, are not allowed.

Syntax

DDE("Server"; "File"; "Range"; Mode)

Server is the name of a server application. OpenOffice.orgapplications have the server name "Soffice".

File is the complete file name, including path specification.

Range is the area containing the data to be evaluated.

Mode is an optional parameter that controls the method by which the DDE server converts its data into numbers.

Mode

Effect

0 or missing

Number format from the "Default" cell style

Data are always interpreted in the standard format for US English

Data are retrieved as text; no conversion to numbers

And you get:

Cheers,

Bernard

Thanks a lot Bernard.

Hey all

I am having the same problem with DDE in IBFX MT4 and v 3,2 of Open Office running on win 8 pro.  I continue to receive error msgs telling me that the program is not available, even though I start MT4 before opening the DDE Sample.xls file.   Any suggestions are appreciated.

Reason: