The [tp] tag removed in some brokers? - page 2

Gordon - The only point I think you may be missing is that perhaps the EA is closing some orders (perhaps a stealth sl and/or tp) whilst other orders may be closed by the broker due to the sl or tp set on the order.

CB

cloudbreaker:

Gordon - The only point I think you may be missing is that perhaps the EA is closing some orders (perhaps a stealth sl and/or tp) whilst other orders may be closed by the broker due to the sl or tp set on the order.

CB

Agreed. That's what I was missing... Thanks.

jjc:

Don't know if it helps or not but, in addition to doing what CB is suggesting, I also right-pad my order comments with spaces so that the broker doesn't overwrite anything important in them. Not fail-safe, but I like it as an extra protection in case the external data file somehow went missing.

Just stumbled upon this official answer regarding order's comment (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/101419):

stringo 2006.10.16 17:40

31 characters + zero terminator. Server can rewrite 6 last characters. ie safety length is 25

cloudbreaker:

CB

I just now read this topic, linked by gordon,

I heard about it before : but what exactly is it, a trailing stop? or an increment algo of price target ready to send market order to close the price?

cameofx:

I just now read this topic, linked by gordon,

I heard about it before : but what exactly is it, a trailing stop? or an increment algo of price target ready to send market order to close the price?

Nope. The question is simple - how do u know if an order was closed by SL or TP or something else? The answer is in the thread (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/123668)...

gordon:

Nope. The question is simple - how do u know if an order was closed by SL or TP or something else? The answer is in the thread (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/123668)...

Gordon, Thanx. I was referring to " ... stealth sl and/or tp " are you answering this? the link is to page 1...

cameofx:
Gordon, Thanx. I was referring to " ... stealth sl and/or tp " are you answering this? the link is to page 1...

Oh, sorry - I was referring to the original question of this thread... 'Stealth SL/TP' means that u either don't place SL/TP or place them much farther than they are supposed to be, but your EA monitors and compares the 'real' SL/TP against current price and closes manually when the 'real' SL/TP are hit. It's the best method of fighting the so-called "stop hunter" brokers... Personally, I have never seen a reputable broker 'stop hunt' and IMHO any serious reputable broker will not mess around with 'stop hunting', hence I see this as a non-issue. But opinions differ on this subject.

You should note that there is a major draw-back to this 'Stealth SL/TP' - your Terminal will have to be available 24/5. There is also a higher probability of 'slippage' in the SL/TP targets (since they are not server-side anymore).

gordon wrote >>

... there is a major draw-back to this 'Stealth SL/TP' - your Terminal will have to be available 24/5. There is also a higher probability of 'slippage' in the SL/TP targets (since they are not server-side anymore)....

" (since they are not server-side anymore)...." - Yes, It's not Hard-SL... thanx for clearing the 'stealth issue'.

- On the topic subject I might add : Is it not simpler like this : each time you successfully set an order's TP / SL you convert-append-& update it- to OrderMagicNumber where they can't mess with. Call back the values to compare with OrderClosePrice(). AFAIK this won't fail. OrderMagicNumber is our 'sanctuary'. I will most certainly use MN for other purpose as well.

cameofx:

[...] each time you successfully set an order's TP / SL you convert-append-& update it- to OrderMagicNumber where they can't mess with. Call back the values to compare with OrderClosePrice(). AFAIK this won't fail. OrderMagicNumber is our 'sanctuary'. I will most certainly use MN for other purpose as well.

I don't understand what u mean. MN cannot be changed after the initial OrderSend().

gordon:
I don't understand what u mean. MN cannot be changed after the initial OrderSend().

It can't? Now that sucks... :) Why doesn't MT4 & MT5 introduce OrderCloseReason() or something?

I checked MT5 Order functions; it listed HistoryOrderGet.. & ENUM_ORDER_PROPERTY ; didn't found anything close... This is fundamental & should be simple imho...

Reason: