Will pay to have this indicator made

Hi I just downloaded metatrader and I'm a total newbie at it.

However I was hoping someone might be able to help me with the following (for which I am willing to pay):

I am trying to analyze amongst my data (over 10k+ bars of 30 min data) how often a currency will shoot straight up 300 pips or more without retracing at least 50 pips.

To clarify, for example:

For example here's one that would pass (each bar is the cumulative move, so bar close minus bar open)
bar 1: +0.01
bar 2: +0.01
bar 3: -0.003
bar 4: +0.02

here it moved up 0.0397 with only a retracement of 0.003 so this would count as one count

one that would not pass is
bar1: 0.02
bar2: 0.009
bar3: -0.01
bar4: 0.01

while it moved > than 0.03, it had a retracement > than 0.005 as well. Hope this clears up what i mean thanks

i wouldn't mind paying a small fee as well to have this done if that's what it'll take. thanks again.

I don't understand. In the first instance you talk of looking at moves in points then your examples are fractions of what might be an unknown currency.

alextn:

Hi I just downloaded metatrader and I'm a total newbie at it.

However I was hoping someone might be able to help me with the following (for which I am willing to pay):

I am trying to analyze amongst my data (over 10k+ bars of 30 min data) how often a currency will shoot straight up 300 pips or more without retracing at least 50 pips.

To clarify, for example:

For example here's one that would pass (each bar is the cumulative move, so bar close minus bar open)
bar 1: +0.01
bar 2: +0.01
bar 3: -0.003
bar 4: +0.02

here it moved up 0.0397 with only a retracement of 0.003 so this would count as one count

one that would not pass is
bar1: 0.02
bar2: 0.009
bar3: -0.01
bar4: 0.01

while it moved > than 0.03, it had a retracement > than 0.005 as well. Hope this clears up what i mean thanks

i wouldn't mind paying a small fee as well to have this done if that's what it'll take. thanks again.

Indicator? This looks like a job for a script. U just want to analyze your data statistically, no?

please post a sample data-file, i hope it is in csv or another textbased format

100 bars are enough

Reason: