AccountName() shows question marks?

I have a friend using MetaTrader in the hebrew language. The terminal itself works fine and all menus are in hebrew, but his account name shows up as question marks. Also AccountName() returns question marks.

This behavior is on windows XP and the setting for 'Regional and Language Options' > Advanced > 'Language for non-Unicode Programs' is properly set to Hebrew (we also tried english, same result).

Any ideas?

gordon:

I have a friend using MetaTrader in the hebrew language. The terminal itself works fine and all menus are in hebrew, but his account name shows up as question marks. Also AccountName() returns question marks.

This behavior is on windows XP and the setting for 'Regional and Language Options' > Advanced > 'Language for non-Unicode Programs' is properly set to Hebrew (we also tried english, same result).

Any ideas?

SOLVED! Only solution is to have the broker change the account details into English. This behavior happens with account name written in hebrew but I suspect it happens with any non-unicode language....

Reason: