why Start function doesn.t start ?! - page 2

Question to hemmat: what is your reasoning behind declaring your global variables (such as ButrNo) as static?

CB

whocares:

Hi hemmat

I copied the code as you produced it into a blank ea and dropped it on a chart in a demo account.

Observations:

1) The comment note (1st line of the Start function) works as it desplays on the chart.

2) The ea immediately (on start) opens a short trade

As you can see the calues you try to display in the Comment function show 0 for both.

if they are not supposed to be 0 you should look at how (and when) they are calculated.

whocares

Strange thing !!!

About the question you asked, if ea opened a sell and a buy 0 is okay.

I will copy the code to a blank ea to see the result .

Now I remember i had such a problem a couple of days ago and a simple copy and paste of code to a new blank ea solved the problem !!!

But i don't understand why it is so !?

Thank you very much.

It didn't solved the problem.

I wonder how it works on your system.

In my pc start function doesn't start yet !

:-(

I think i have to write it again in a blank ea.may be there's a hidden character or something that cause it.

Code in first post works here too.

i just got a message from mb trading, that their demo-server is disabled for one week or more.

maybe this is the problem with your account or something similar.

if code works in tester, it should work live, demo or real.

This is the result of testtttttttttttt.mq4 on my system.Nothing happened after initialization!

hemmat wrote >>

This is the result of testtttttttttttt.mq4 on my system.

In the screen shot you show it seems that the ea is not activated. You can tell by the X in the top right corner. You should see a smiley face when it is activated. You activate it by clicking on the "Expert Advisors" button on the tool bar.

whocares

and it is The result in tester :

whocares:

In the screen shot you show it seems that the ea is not activated. You can tell by the X in the top right corner. You should see a smiley face when it is activated. You activate it by clicking on the "Expert Advisors" button on the tool bar.

whocares

That was the cause.

Wow.

Now I have to check why it doesn't open the buy and sell position while it does in demo.

Thank you.

hemmat:

That was the cause.

Wow.

Now I have to check why it doesn't open the buy and sell position while it does in demo.

Thank you.

another RTFM thread - boring

Reason: