Why does the timing of the beginning & ending of 4-hour chart candlestick not match up with Eastern Standard Time?

Right now it is 12:09 am. The most recent candlestick that I show on my 4-hour chart shows that the candle started at 4:00 am. It is not even 4:00 am in my time zone yet?! What the heck?!

rd122481:

Right now it is 12:09 am. The most recent candlestick that I show on my 4-hour chart shows that the candle started at 4:00 am. It is not even 4:00 am in my time zone yet?! What the heck?!

Your charts are based on the server time, not local time. Server time is the time used by your broker.

Oh...okay. Is there any way that I can change over to a server that runs on EST? I am currently using MT5 connecting to the Demo server.

rd122481:
Oh...okay. Is there any way that I can change over to a server that runs on EST? I am currently using MT5 connecting to the Demo server.
You have to find a broker who used EST time, but I don't know one, sorry.

rd122481:

This is why H4 and D1 are bad timeframes . . .

So I understand that I need to find a Broker/Server who's timezone is EST. Once I do that, do I just uninstall my copy of MT5 and DL a new copy from that specific broker's website?

rd122481:
So I understand that I need to find a Broker/Server who's timezone is EST. Once I do that, do I just uninstall my copy of MT5 and DL a new copy from that specific broker's website?
Yes

Thank you. :-)

Reason: