What difference does the time frame/interval make for a trade &/or an EA?

Ever since I have started this, I have wondered what difference the time frame/interval used (on a chart) and to the manual trade or an EA really makes? Doesn’t the EA &/or a manual trade examine the data at approximately the same rate and then responds accordingly to the latest data or regardless of what the time frame chosen is ?

D

Yes, the tick is the driving force regardless of timeframe

Different charts may be used to view the EA's operation at a relevant timeframe, watch its indicators or be a convenient way of carrying out periodic activities on a once per bar basis

FWIW

-BB-

Doug - just to add to BB's comment, whilst the tick is the driving force, attaching an EA to various timeframes will cause the candle-based arrays such as Open[], High[], Low[], Close[] to contain different values. So, some EAs will be affected by moving between charts of different time-periods whilst others will be immune.

CB

So unless the logic that the EA is utilizing and responding to specific programmed and defined ‘time intervals’, the different time frames are only there to help us understand the overall market condition better?

Are both of these statements/conditions true ?

============================================

On a related topic (for me), do you know if it is possible to utilize an EA WITHOUT it being attached to a chart?

If so, How?

Thanks guys,

> utilize an EA WITHOUT it being attached to a chart

I say it isnt - whats your aim with this?

-BB-

Reason: