Backtesting VISUAL mode Slow/Fast

How can I change the "speed" of the chart when backtesting in the visual mode....??

When I move the "slider" to 32 it is way too fast....and 31 is like watching paint dry..... too very slow?

Does anyone else have this problem??

Yeah. I think it is impossible to adjust it. You can make a delay part on your code

Itachi:
Yeah. I think it is impossible to adjust it. You can make a delay part on your code

Thanks Itachi.... What do you use as a command to delay??

Sleep doesn't work in backtesting...and it would only slow the program execution down not the chart...

If your program works slow, the time gap between ticks get slow too

I know this is an old thread, but this problem is even more relevant today than it was in 2009 (both MT4 and computers are getting faster).

Are there any plans to overhaul the visual back test speed slider?

At present there are only 3 settings that I use, and 2 of them could be improved:

Setting 2 to 30 I never use, so are a waste of time.

Setting 1 is the slowest speed and is useful for stepping through the EA a tick at a time by using F12 - but even then it will sometimes throw in a tick of its own so a setting of 0 would be more useful.

Setting 32 is the fastest, and is useful for getting to a particular point very fast.

Setting 31 is too slow for the next fastest speed - for example at speed 32 I can generate 200 bars per second and speed 31 generates 1 bar every 2 seconds, so the fastest speed is 400 times faster than the next fastest. If I want to step through the ticks after 30 bars I have to either set speed 32 for 0.15 seconds or speed 31 for 1 minute.

So could we have a more gradual reduction in speed from setting 32 to 0?

I totally agree with you

Though I no longer used backtesting, how bout giving the suggestions to Service Desk ?

d4v3:

I know this is an old thread, but this problem is even more relevant today than it was in 2009 (both MT4 and computers are getting faster).

Are there any plans to overhaul the visual back test speed slider?

At present there are only 3 settings that I use, and 2 of them could be improved:

Setting 2 to 30 I never use, so are a waste of time.

Setting 1 is the slowest speed and is useful for stepping through the EA a tick at a time by using F12 - but even then it will sometimes throw in a tick of its own so a setting of 0 would be more useful.

Setting 32 is the fastest, and is useful for getting to a particular point very fast.

Setting 31 is too slow for the next fastest speed - for example at speed 32 I can generate 200 bars per second and speed 31 generates 1 bar every 2 seconds, so the fastest speed is 400 times faster than the next fastest. If I want to step through the ticks after 30 bars I have to either set speed 32 for 0.15 seconds or speed 31 for 1 minute.

So could we have a more gradual reduction in speed from setting 32 to 0?

Please follow deysmacro advice: write to Service Desk of Metaquotes.

OK, I have done so - and thanks for the link - I was not sure where the Service Desk was :)

n8937g: What do you use as a command to delay??
  1. DebugBreak - MQL4 Documentation
  2. My PauseTest should still work
Run at full speed (31/32) stop when something interesting happens.

Hello i see it´s long time ago but is this problem solved ?
maybe someone can show me how to solve this or can tell me what the servicedesk tells them ?
Reason: