What is wrong with my EA?

Hello,

This is my first post here and as you will see, I'm not really a programer. So please bear with me..... :-)

I have altered another EA I found here and wrote the following EA (Attached 37Temp.mq4).

However, when backtesting, even though I can open an order "on time".... sometime the EA ignores my Close order and exits on StopLoss.

For example:

1. I got into Short order - Ok

2. Where I wanted to exit - Not OK - ignored by EA

// Exit Short?
if (Macd_0>Macd_1&&Macd_1<Macd_2)

{
OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Ask,3,Violet); // close position
return(0); // exit

3. Where the actual Close order executed (Stop loss...)

Example of the problem

Can anyone assist and explain this behaviour?

Thanks in advace to responders...

Rafi.

Files:
37temp.mq4  5 kb

First thing to do is to have your loop in the order exit logic decrement downwards. Then get back to us if your code still doesn't work.

If you have a series of indexed orders that you are looping through (0,1,2,3), then deleting order 0 first will mean that the rest slot down into (0,1,2). Then you increment your counter and delete order 1, leaving order 0 behind.

See the problem?

CB

cloudbreaker wrote >>

First thing to do is to have your loop in the order exit logic decrement downwards. Then get back to us if your code still doesn't work.

If you have a series of indexed orders that you are looping through (0,1,2,3), then deleting order 0 first will mean that the rest slot down into (0,1,2). Then you increment your counter and delete order 1, leaving order 0 behind.

See the problem?

CB

Thx,

I will try .

That really is your pet peeve isn't it CB? lol

Archael:
That really is your pet peeve isn't it CB? lol

Yep. This month it is.

Its just avoidably poor logic.

Yet on it goes...

CB

Reason: