Changing the size of the chart from code ... not possible? - page 2

RaptorUK:

My chart window gives a full size image of 1679 x 672

so I shouldn't be able to save a chart of   1600 x 700 ? like this one ?

Width is smaller,  height is larger . . .  did I misunderstand the issue

I think yes, your chart is truncated on the left. If I understand well he wants a smaller screenshot but without the original truncated.

angevoyageur:
I think yes, your chart is truncated on the left. If I understand well he wants a smaller screenshot but without the original truncated.
You mean you think he wants the original chart but squashed ?  you may be right but to my way of thinking that would be a little daft.

angevoyageur:

As I understand, MQL5/MT5 works as intended by the documentation, so it perform well but not as YOU intend ;-)

EDIT: Seems there is no way to change the width of chart (window) by code.

Hi,

Yes, you are right. I see now that the problem is what I intend to do. I should have read more carefully the documentation. I think I have now a tricky way of doing what I want to do.

By the way, it would be great if I could take charscreenshots (using MQL5 code) using .png extension, just as it is done bu hand with the "Save picture menu option". The gif is very limted because it is not compressed.  

Thanks again. 

RaptorUK:
You mean you think he wants the original chart but squashed ?  you may be right but to my way of thinking that would be a little daft.
Wait and see :-)

jquijano:

Hi,

Yes, you are right. I see now that the problem is what I intend to do. I should have read more carefully the documentation. I think I have now a tricky way of doing what I want to do.

By the way, it would be great if I could take charscreenshots (using MQL5 code) using .png extension, just as it is done bu hand with the "Save picture menu option". The gif is very limted because it is not compressed.  

Thanks again. 

I already asked the Service Desk to add an option to ChartScrenShot() so that GIF or PNG can be selected . . .  you might want to make the same request to the Service Desk,  if they get many requests they might think about doing it.  The GIF output is horribly noisy compared to the PNG output.

RaptorUK:
I already asked the Service Desk to add an option to ChartScrenShot() so that GIF or PNG can be selected . . .  you might want to make the same request to the Service Desk,  if they get many requests they might think about doing it.  The GIF output is horribly noisy compared to the PNG output.

Hi,

Thanks very much. I have just sent the same request to the Service Desk (my first one!). You are right. It is not only a problem of the size. The quality is also very poor.

Thanks 

Reason: