MarketInfo() not working properly on 5 digit brokers

I've been running into problems on some 5 digit (fractional pip) brokers. MarketInfo() variables such as Point and TickSize are not being reported correctly, and I've noticed this across different brokers. We all know that Point is hosed -- I had to write a special routine to find the actual point using Digits.

And I just noticed that Tick Size is being returned incorrectly. On a standard account, fractional pip server (both FCXM and Alpari), it'll return a value of 1 (instead of 10). No idea what it would return on a mini account.

There may be more market variables that are broken -- the point is, how can I write robust code if I can't trust the information that the server is giving me? This move towards fractional pips has broken all kinds of stuff, and with the recent NFA changes, god knows if most EAs are going to work after today.

Any idea when this stuff is going to be fixed, or do we have to wait for MQL5?

FB

> such as Point and TickSize are not being reported correctly

Are you sure, I have several commercial EA's that have to be fairly... user-proof!

They auto-detect full or sub-pip accounts and make the necessary changes successfully

By 'correctly' do you mean they dont Print(YourDoubleVal) as you are expecting?

-BB-

FB

Matter of interest + potential mind calming effect too :-)

'What is a TICK?'

Regards

ps. I like the read tick as pip comment by phy. If nothing else one needs to be lateral at all times when reading .ru docs ;)

Or... at least re-read many, many times until Enlightenment follows... usually!

Reason: