Downloadable and searchable documentation

Is there a way to download a searchable documentation of MQL4? I have been trying to find the documentation for iCustom() but have had NO luck so far. The documentation book is not searchable and this website has a piss poor search engine so I am lost just asking you people is you can help.

Click iCustom() in your message.

Nice one Phy.

However, just replaying what jfreedom claims doesn't work:

- I typed iCustom() into the search field (at the top of the forum page).

- I then hit the find button (just to the right of the search field).

- When the results appeared I clicked on the Documentation link (in the list on the left of the page).

- The top result gives the documentation for iCustom.

Fancy that.

Regarding the requirement for the help to be downloadable. It already is:

- Start MetaEditor

- Select the Help tab (in the Toolbox)

- Select the Technical Indicators link and you'll see the link to iCustom

Good luck with programming, jfreedom.

CB

cloudbreaker:

Nice one Phy.

However, just replaying what jfreedom claims doesn't work:

- I typed iCustom() into the search field (at the top of the forum page).

- I then hit the find button (just to the right of the search field).

- When the results appeared I clicked on the Documentation link (in the list on the left of the page).

- The top result gives the documentation for iCustom.

Fancy that.

Regarding the requirement for the help to be downloadable. It already is:

- Start MetaEditor

- Select the Help tab (in the Toolbox)

- Select the Technical Indicators link and you'll see the link to iCustom

Good luck with programming, jfreedom.

CB

CB,

I find your response interesting. I tried what you suggested (even before you suggested it) and I get "Your search did not match any documents". In MetaEditor I have no Help TAB, I only have Help on the main menu. In that there is NO info on the iCustom function. So either I am dealing with a different system or you have been smoking something. I have MetaEditor 4, build 225. Which one do you have?

By the way, Phy's answer did work, but how would I do that WITHOUT writing a question and getting the system to hyperlink the topic?

jfreedom:

CB,

I find your response interesting. I tried what you suggested (even before you suggested it) and I get "Your search did not match any documents". In MetaEditor I have no Help TAB, I only have Help on the main menu. In that there is NO info on the iCustom function. So either I am dealing with a different system or you have been smoking something. I have MetaEditor 4, build 225. Which one do you have?

By the way, Phy's answer did work, but how would I do that WITHOUT writing a question and getting the system to hyperlink the topic?

CB, Correction, I DID find the Toolbox Help TAB and you are right there is the description to the iCustom(). I was trying the silly old Help (F1) that most programs use to help people who are learning their program. Silly me...

jfreedom:

CB, Correction, I DID find the Toolbox Help TAB and you are right there is the description to the iCustom(). I was trying the silly old Help (F1) that most programs use to help people who are learning their program. Silly me...

The forum search facility appears to be down just now. I can assure you it worked exactly as stated at time of my post. Perhaps there was a similar situation at the time you originally looked too. CB

In the meantime, this is a very good summary to read through

http://www.forex4you.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=38

-BB-

Reason: