shi channel ea programming

Hi every one,

Need help in coding an ea using SHI channel.

basically if slope is positive buy or if slope is negative sell.

Can someone advise ???

Make a copy of the indi and add a post the value for Slope used in the Comment to a global variable, read the global in your EA

Comment(" Channel size = ", DoubleToStr(MathAbs(PP - P1) / Point, 0), " Slope = ", 
         DoubleToStr(-Step / Point, 2))

Havent done this myself but could work!

Or add another buffer to the EA and post it out from there

Keep in mind that although SHI is a brilliant piece of work, it can lag and can briefly flip between inappropriate results

FWIW

-BB-

Of course !! Thanks BarrowBoy !!
I got the picture here.

But do you know another channel indicator less laggin' that can be used in a more effective way in a channel base trading system ???

> But do you know another channel indicator less laggin

Sorry no - wish I did!

SHI is probably the best parallel channel one

Angled parallel channels may have their place in long term strategies but for me, other shapes are more relevant in short and mid-term trading

If I was writing an EA for linear Support and Resistance, I would lean towards pennant/flag/triangle formations or 'simple' horizontal S&R
See this area for more on this

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

> But do you know another channel indicator less laggin

Sorry no - wish I did!

SHI is probably the best parallel channel one

Angled parallel channels may have their place in long term strategies but for me, other shapes are more relevant in short and mid-term trading

If I was writing an EA for linear Support and Resistance, I would lean towards pennant/flag/triangle formations or 'simple' horizontal S&R
See this area for more on this

-BB-

I have finally found my way with an extra buffer it works fine. Thow the result of the system seriously need improvements. Still working on it.

Thanks for the hint

tadhuing wrote >>

I have finally found my way with an extra buffer it works fine. Thow the result of the system seriously need improvements. Still working on it.

Thanks for the hint

Hi,

Im also trying with the channel.

Do you have find a solution?

Greets

Tom

Reason: