Introduction, very new to mql4

hi community,

my name is chz and i am pretty new to mql4. i like trading forex very much and i also like the idea of coding a mechanical strategy that leads to success in most of the trades. therefor i have made a nice collection of precommands like

• do while / enddo
  • if / else / endif
  • var-name = expression
  • trade long/short, volume, stoploss
  • close position
  • and some more easy to read and understand commands like those above

i brought those precommands into a certain order so they discribe a logic flow of a trading strategy. i am a former programmer and i am familiar with procedural oriented languages and i also have a very clear and non redundant approach.

my goal is to convert those precommands into an EA but i have not ever before handled a mql4 program.

can someone here help me to let me know, where do i have to start reading to get aquaited most quickly to mql4?

thank you very much, dear community

chz

chz wrote >>

hi community,

my name is chz and i am pretty new to mql4. i like trading forex very much and i also like the idea of coding a mechanical strategy that leads to success in most of the trades. therefor i have made a nice collection of precommands like

• do while / enddo
  • if / else / endif
  • var-name = expression
  • trade long/short, volume, stoploss
  • close position
  • and some more easy to read and understand commands like those above

i brought those precommands into a certain order so they discribe a logic flow of a trading strategy. i am a former programmer and i am familiar with procedural oriented languages and i also have a very clear and non redundant approach.

my goal is to convert those precommands into an EA but i have not ever before handled a mql4 program.

can someone here help me to let me know, where do i have to start reading to get aquaited most quickly to mql4?

thank you very much, dear community

chz

The best thing yet to do is to read the "Book" above and then read the attached file....it helps, but is very basic knowledge. the best thing is to just get an EA and look how it's structured and then change it to your liking. a good one to start with is in the zip file as well...

Files:
mql.zip  658 kb

ErrorProgrammer wrote >>

The best thing yet to do is to read the "Book" above and then read the attached file....it helps, but is very basic knowledge. the best thing is to just get an EA and look how it's structured and then change it to your liking. a good one to start with is in the zip file as well...

Thank you ErrorProgrammer,

the book was a help for me. I have now running a tiny EA that makes fun. Need to optimize the coding.

Regarding the Book I was learning from there occured a small problem: when I clicked the cross reference link to a different topic in the book e.g. a command in order to jump to that page the adobe said it was not allowed to open the link... anyway I came thru it.

Thank you

ChZ

Reason: