Help! Check for 2 open Buy Orders...

I'm having trouble with a simple line of code. Say I have 10 orders.... Both "Buys" and "Sells" open (hedge) in a single currency pair. I want to check if I have 2 buys (and 8 sells)... I want to do this to close other limit orders but this line of code is not working....

if((OrderType()==OP_SELL)&& OrdersTotal()==2)

n8937g:
I'm having trouble with a simple line of code. Say I have 10 orders.... Both "Buys" and "Sells" open (hedge) in a single currency pair. I want to check if I have 2 buys (and 8 sells)... I want to do this to close other limit orders but this line of code is not working....

n8937g,

OrdersTotal() will give you the total number of trades, say 10. You will need a counter variable to increment each time a buy trade is found. Something like this:

int buy_counter=0;

for(int i=OrdersTotal()-1;i>=0;i--)

{

if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))

{

if((OrderType()==OP_BUY)&&(OrderSymbol()==Symbol()))

{

buy_counter++;

}

}

}

if(buy_counter==2) { //do whatever you want }

Good luck!

n8937g:

robotfx is absolutely right.

I don't normally do this, but I have to say that attempt of yours was absolutely woeful.

Please talk me through why you thought that line of code would tell you if there were 2 buy orders.

Please don't take this post the wrong way - I'm genuinely intrigued as to what you were thinking.

cloudbreaker wrote >>

robotfx is absolutely right.

I don't normally do this, but I have to say that attempt of yours was absolutely woeful.

Please talk me through why you thought that line of code would tell you if there were 2 buy orders.

Please don't take this post the wrong way - I'm genuinely intrigued as to what you were thinking.

cloudbreaker...Please, I'm looking to be taught /helped....I'm sure there are people who can't code as well as me...and many that are far far better... My skills are only basic. I looked through everything I could find and understand here before I posted. I'd assume that there are situations were you get stumped and ask for help too. I tried EVERY combination of commands I could think of...None worked as hoped. I was trying to first check 1. using only OP_Buy orders and 2. if there were 2 of them ... If the condition was met the { code.....} would execute. I couldn't get the right syntax to consider both things........ Although woeful I' m sure you could see what I was trying to do. I know the code (&& etc) is not correct. (I'm not totally code illiterate my REAL account is making money every day with an EA I created___ SIMPLE is KEY). Robofx thank you for your help!!! I'm testing !! Thanks to both of you for helping--- I do value and respect your insights and knowledge.

Reason: