Using Custom Indicators

Hello guys

I am trying to create an EA using "Damiani volatmeter",  but Im unsure at this point how to check its status.

I assume i would use iCustom, but im not sure how to do that with an indicator like this one

thanks

Files:

fatcheese:

Hello guys

I am trying to create an EA using "Damiani volatmeter",  but Im unsure at this point how to check its status.

I assume i would use iCustom, but im not sure how to do that with an indicator like this one

thanks

Hi,

You can see from the documentation how to use iCustom function:

double  iCustom(

string  symbol,  int  timeframe,  string  name, ...,  int  mode,  int  shift);

The passed parameters and their order must correspond with the desclaration order and the type of extern variables of the custom indicator.

I'm not familiar with this indicator but in your case you use iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Damiani_volatmeter", viscosity, sedimentation, threshold_level, lag_suppressor, mode, shift);

You replace viscosity, sedimentation, threshold_level and lag_supressor with exact values. The standart ones are 7, 50, 1.1, true;

Replace mode with 0, 1 or 2 in order to check each of the three lines indicator draws. Replace shift with 0 for the current bar, with 1 for the previous bar and so on.. 

Damiani_volatmeter.mq4 should be placed in the indicators directory.

Good luck!

robofx.org:

Hi,

You can see from the documentation how to use iCustom function:

double  iCustom(

string  symbol,  int  timeframe,  string  name, ...,  int  mode,  int  shift);

The passed parameters and their order must correspond with the desclaration order and the type of extern variables of the custom indicator.

I'm not familiar with this indicator but in your case you use iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Damiani_volatmeter", viscosity, sedimentation, threshold_level, lag_suppressor, mode, shift);

You replace viscosity, sedimentation, threshold_level and lag_supressor with exact values. The standart ones are 7, 50, 1.1, true;

Replace mode with 0, 1 or 2 in order to check each of the three lines indicator draws. Replace shift with 0 for the current bar, with 1 for the previous bar and so on.. 

Damiani_volatmeter.mq4 should be placed in the indicators directory.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Reason: