Can I write code to request more data for the current chart?

Is there a way to request the downloading of additional data for the current chart (symbol + timeframe)?

Let's say I query iBars for the current symbol and a period of M1 and the value returned indicates there are 15,360 bars.

Now let's say I would like to have 24,000 bars worth of data for a calculation I wish to make.

Is there a way to request *** programatically *** to have the additional data to be downloaded?

Thanks for any guidance anyone can offer.

morganjonesoph:

Is there a way to request the downloading of additional data for the current chart (symbol + timeframe)?

Let's say I query iBars for the current symbol and a period of M1 and the value returned indicates there are 15,360 bars.

Now let's say I would like to have 24,000 bars worth of data for a calculation I wish to make.

Is there a way to request *** programatically *** to have the additional data to be downloaded?

Thanks for any guidance anyone can offer.

No you can't.

double iClose( string symbol, int timeframe, int shift)
Returns Close value for the bar of indicated symbol with timeframe and shift. If local history is empty (not loaded), function returns 0.

If would have been possible, iClose would have first requested bar, downloaded and returned result.

Reason: