I there any ready to use EA for download

Hi everyone,

Please can anyone help me out get a ready to use Ea or autorobot. I have no knowledge of computer programming language. And that makes it very difficult for me to edit or modifying any programme

I suggest you at least learn how to make your own ex4 files from mq4 files (you open the mq4 with the MT Editor, press the Compile button and (if there are no errors) you will have an ex4 file next to the mq4 in the folder and a new EA in your list in the Navigator window of MT

You then drag the EA icon onto the relevant chart

This will enable you to access a very large number of example codings - you wil learn very little from working with the sealed-up ex4's
If that seems difficult.. well Forex is a tough game... so best get used to facing & taking the big challenges

All this will enable you to use the free examples in the CodeBase here

Or for practise, drag the sample MACD EA (that comes with MT) on to a chart of EURUSD H1

Other sources include

http://www.forexfactory.com/

www.forex-tsd.com

http://www.selectfx.net/free_stuff_menu.htm

Good Luck

-BB-

BarrowBoy wrote >>

I suggest you at least learn how to make your own ex4 files from mq4 files (you open the mq4 with the MT Editor, press the Compile button and (if there are no errors) you will have an ex4 file next to the mq4 in the folder and a new EA in your list in the Navigator window of MT

You then drag the EA icon onto the relevant chart

This will enable you to access a very large number of example codings - you wil learn very little from working with the sealed-up ex4's
If that seems difficult.. well Forex is a tough game... so best get used to facing & taking the big challenges

All this will enable you to use the free examples in the CodeBase here

Or for practise, drag the sample MACD EA (that comes with MT) on to a chart of EURUSD H1

Other sources include

http://www.forexfactory.com/

www.forex-tsd.com

http://www.selectfx.net/free_stuff_menu.htm

Good Luck

-BB-

Thank U very much BB, I will try the toygh game. And I will let U know how I Managed.

250465 wrote >>

Hi everyone,

Please can anyone help me out get a ready to use Ea or autorobot. I have no knowledge of computer programming language. And that makes it very difficult for me to edit or modifying any programme

At the top of every page on this site click on the link that says "Code Base". Then on the left hand column you'll see about 5 different catagories, click on the one that say "Expert Advisor". Their are a lot of them and they are all free. Read through and see if there are any that you think you might like and download it and install it in you're brokers folder "Experts". It should be just inside the main folder. I would recommend testing on a demo account. There's also a site that does tests on the commercial EA's on a real account and give the results. If that interest you it is http://www.pipcop.com/ .

While you are at it you might also look into the "Scripts" catagory. They are a great tool for doing manual trading. A real time saver for setting stops and placing orders, or deleting or closing orders, etc. Just drag and drop on the chart. A lot of them, but not all of them do require you to modify the program if you want to change the default settings for stop losses, take profit, pending orders that might be to close or to far away from the market price to suit you. If you don't what to modify the scripts you don't have to. Just after you have dropped the script and the order or pending order is placed change it manually like you most likely have been doing. But, it's not that difficult, I discovered about the usefulness of scripts about 3 weeks ago, and started modifying them 2 weeks ago. And I caught on to the easy stuff rather quickly. I don't have any computer programming knowledge, and I wrote my own script borrowing from two other scripts and having to delete and change part of it, until I found a way for it to work. I'm actually, a carpenter. No need for a computer in my line of business. If I can do it so can you. To get a little practice go to one of the scripts that your trading platform should already have installed. Right click on it, click on Modify and look around. The numbers you can change are in green. Be careful changing any of the blue lettering. If you do make a mistake it can be undone with the undo arrow at the top of the program editor. If you want any changes to stay fixed just click on Compile. It's easy. At least that part is. You might actually enjoy it.

Alan

> I will try the toygh game. And I will let U know how I Managed

That's the spirit :)

Semper Fi

-BB-

aj34997 wrote >>

At the top of every page on this site click on the link that says "Code Base". Then on the left hand column you'll see about 5 different catagories, click on the one that say "Expert Advisor". Their are a lot of them and they are all free. Read through and see if there are any that you think you might like and download it and install it in you're brokers folder "Experts". It should be just inside the main folder. I would recommend testing on a demo account. There's also a site that does tests on the commercial EA's on a real account and give the results. If that interest you it is http://www.pipcop.com/ .

While you are at it you might also look into the "Scripts" catagory. They are a great tool for doing manual trading. A real time saver for setting stops and placing orders, or deleting or closing orders, etc. Just drag and drop on the chart. A lot of them, but not all of them do require you to modify the program if you want to change the default settings for stop losses, take profit, pending orders that might be to close or to far away from the market price to suit you. If you don't what to modify the scripts you don't have to. Just after you have dropped the script and the order or pending order is placed change it manually like you most likely have been doing. But, it's not that difficult, I discovered about the usefulness of scripts about 3 weeks ago, and started modifying them 2 weeks ago. And I caught on to the easy stuff rather quickly. I don't have any computer programming knowledge, and I wrote my own script borrowing from two other scripts and having to delete and change part of it, until I found a way for it to work. I'm actually, a carpenter. No need for a computer in my line of business. If I can do it so can you. To get a little practice go to one of the scripts that your trading platform should already have installed. Right click on it, click on Modify and look around. The numbers you can change are in green. Be careful changing any of the blue lettering. If you do make a mistake it can be undone with the undo arrow at the top of the program editor. If you want any changes to stay fixed just click on Compile. It's easy. At least that part is. You might actually enjoy it.

Alan

Hi Alan,

I thank you so much for motivating me. You are so encouraging. I did n't think I need to make any attempt.

Fidel

250465 wrote >>

Hi everyone,

I have tried compiling the EA I downloaded from the forum site (AIS3TR by AIS) in the metaEditor.Under the description I had compiling 'AIS3TR.MQ4'...

But nothing else happened. I was hoping the computer will come up with the message that the compiling was complete, it never did.

Pleas can anyone tell me if I needed to compile the EA.

Fidel

aj34997 wrote >>

Alan

I have tried compiling the EA I downloaded from the forum site (AIS3TR by AIS) in the metaEditor.Under the description I had compiling 'AIS3TR.MQ4'...

But nothing else happened. I was hoping the computer will come up with the message that the compiling was complete, it never did.

Fidel

250465 wrote >>

Fidel

If you go to the site where you download that particular robot and read through the different replies you will see that the EA you download is a template for creating you own robot. You are just starting out so I would try and find one that is ready made. In fact that particular robot is the only one of it's type on the website. Even their AIS2 requires a bit of setup. If you do download that one make sure you also download the instructions, you are going to need them. Most of the rest EA's on the website are ready to go without any type of Editorial changes or Compiling.

As far as compiling goes, the only time you need to compile is if you make any changes to the EA or script code. When you are in the Editor and you have just click on Compile look straight down at the bottom of your computer screen in the Toolbox section and click on the Errors tab if it is not showing. If you did everything correct it will show '0 error(s), 0 warning(s) ', if not it will display the errors. And if you right click on the errors you will get a drop down menu where you can choose to go to the line where the error is located. Your mouse cursor will go right to the exact line and place where you need to make any changes. And in the Toolbox section on the same line where the error is listed, in the bottom middle of your screen it will show two numbers. The first number is the line where the error is, and the second number is the character location. (Sometimes when it shows a lot of errors all that is required is to make a single change somewhere else on the page.) I will sometimes just undo what I did with the undo buttom at the top of the page and start over. You can undo any changes that you make even after compiling, just compile after you have undone your previous changes. It's important that you don't close the EA window. If you do you will no longer be able to use the undo button. I would keep a copy of the EA, you just might need it. Although at this site you can always re-download it.

For most of the EA's here all you have to do to get it working is to drag and drop it on a chart. You will get a popup window and just check your settings. If you have any trouble just come back and post your problem.

Alan

aj34997 wrote >>

If you go to the site where you download that particular robot and read through the different replies you will see that the EA you download is a template for creating you own robot. You are just starting out so I would try and find one that is ready made. In fact that particular robot is the only one of it's type on the website. Even their AIS2 requires a bit of setup. If you do download that one make sure you also download the instructions, you are going to need them. Most of the rest EA's on the website are ready to go without any type of Editorial changes or Compiling.

As far as compiling goes, the only time you need to compile is if you make any changes to the EA or script code. When you are in the Editor and you have just click on Compile look straight down at the bottom of your computer screen in the Toolbox section and click on the Errors tab if it is not showing. If you did everything correct it will show '0 error(s), 0 warning(s) ', if not it will display the errors. And if you right click on the errors you will get a drop down menu where you can choose to go to the line where the error is located. Your mouse cursor will go right to the exact line and place where you need to make any changes. And in the Toolbox section on the same line where the error is listed, in the bottom middle of your screen it will show two numbers. The first number is the line where the error is, and the second number is the character location. (Sometimes when it shows a lot of errors all that is required is to make a single change somewhere else on the page.) I will sometimes just undo what I did with the undo buttom at the top of the page and start over. You can undo any changes that you make even after compiling, just compile after you have undone your previous changes. It's important that you don't close the EA window. If you do you will no longer be able to use the undo button. I would keep a copy of the EA, you just might need it. Although at this site you can always re-download it.

For most of the EA's here all you have to do to get it working is to drag and drop it on a chart. You will get a popup window and just check your settings. If you have any trouble just come back and post your problem.

Alan

Hi Alan,

I am making effort to learn about making EA, but it still look like a rocket science to me. I want to go back to babypips school. I need to understand the basics. However I would appreciate a ready made EA.

Thanks a lot

Fidel

At the top of every page on this site click on the link that says "Code Base". Then on the left hand column you'll see about 5 different categories, click on the one that say "Expert Advisor". Their are a lot of them and they are all free. Read through and see if there are any that you think you might like and download it and install it in you're brokers folder "Experts". It should be just inside the main folder.

The only exceptions that I have found is "AIS3" (which you downloaded) which is a template for creating your own EA. This one would require you to have knowledge in how to program. All the others are fully functional EA's. It sounds as if you where in the right a section of the website, you happened to have picked probably the only EA that wasn't fully functional.

If you would download the instructions for "AIS2", even though they apply to this EA they are basically the same steps you would take to install and setup any EA. Except most EA's you don't even have to go into "Meta Editor". If you do download the instructions,which I would recommend, ( Here's the link. AIS2TRIE.TXT ) by reading just the Installation part (Section 2) you will have the steps you need to take to install any EA. Where it makes reference to "C:/Program Files/MetaTrader 4" where it says MetaTrader 4 if you don't see it listed in your programs folder look for your brokers folder name and use that instead. (But it sounds like you already know how to do this part.) It seems that AIS2 is constantly updating the EA. So it's a good idea to check back occasionally and download the latest update and replace the last file you have for them with the new file.

If you had downloaded any other EA on the site it sounds as if all you would have had to do is simply drag and drop it on a chart. You would have gotten a popup that you would inspect and change if necessary. If you follow the instructions in the above link you should not have to change anything under the "Common" tab. But check to make sure. Under the common tab the easy way to remember is to check all boxes on the left hand side in all 3 sections and uncheck all boxes on the right hand side in all 3 sections. Under "Inputs" tab you can change to your own preference, but to start I would use the default settings. ( A little smiley face at the top right hand corner of the chart would indicate that the EA is working.)

Good Luck

Reason: