please help. how can i get more than 2year tick by tick data to test my EA?

anyone please advise me where or how i can get longer test period data to test my EA. I am using Fx interbank demo account, i found it only has 1 year or little more period of time for m30 EUR/USA data, it is not enough for a EA, i want a least 2 years data for that.

thanks

caijs:

anyone please advise me where or how i can get longer test period data to test my EA. I am using Fx interbank demo account, i found it only has 1 year or little more period of time for m30 EUR/USA data, it is not enough for a EA, i want a least 2 years data for that.

thanks

Yes, i also get the same thing. If your EA is working on per-tick basis, it should also work on open prices only (and effect should be the same). If you switch to using open prices only, when testing EA in strategy tester, you can probably get a longer period.

andrewk1983:

Yes, i also get the same thing. If your EA is working on per-tick basis, it should also work on open prices only (and effect should be the same). If you switch to using open prices only, when testing EA in strategy tester, you can probably get a longer period.

try www.alpari.com they got tic data for several years back for major pairs.

Thanks Hkjonus, i am not using alpari anymore because it uses 5 digits for EUR/USD,i am not familar with that,and it sounds will stop the test server soon.

Reason: