What I am not thinking about?

Hello,

I want to create a program where I place a Buy and Sell Stop order. When one gets filled, I want to cancel the other order. How do I do that? I tried using Totalorders but that tells me the total pending and open order. I also tried to use

if (OrderSelect(ticketsell,SELECT_BY_TICKET)==true) but that is for pending and open orders too.

-Manesh

profitvalue= highvalue +0.0010;
if ((highvalue - lowvalue) > 60) stopvalue=highvalue - 60;
else stopvalue= lowvalue;
ticketbuy=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,1,highvalue,0,stopvalue,profitvalue,"buy order",16384,0,Green);

//sell
profitvalue= lowvalue - 0.0012;
if ((highvalue-0.0005 - lowvalue) > 60) stopvalue=lowvalue + 60;
else stopvalue= highvalue;
ticketsell=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,1,lowvalue,0,stopvalue,profitvalue,"Sell order",16384,0,Green);

sunman4008 wrote >>

Hello,

I want to create a program where I place a Buy and Sell Stop order. When one gets filled, I want to cancel the other order. How do I do that? I tried using Totalorders but that tells me the total pending and open order. I also tried to use

if (OrderSelect(ticketsell,SELECT_BY_TICKET)==true) but that is for pending and open orders too.

-Manesh

profitvalue= highvalue +0.0010;
if ((highvalue - lowvalue) > 60) stopvalue=highvalue - 60;
else stopvalue= lowvalue;
ticketbuy=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,1,highvalue,0,stopvalue,profitvalue,"buy order",16384,0,Green);

//sell
ticketsell=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,1,lowvalue,0,stopvalue,profitvalue,"Sell order",16384,0,Green);

try this

if (OrderSelect(ticketsell,SELECT_BY_TICKET)==true && OrderType()< 1) // eliminates pending stop and limit orders.

HTH

Keith

kminler:

try this

if (OrderSelect(ticketsell,SELECT_BY_TICKET)==true && OrderType()< 1) // eliminates pending stop and limit orders.

HTH

Keith

Hello,

Unfortunately that did not work. Here is what I have now.... Also, I have included a snapshot of the strategy tester where a buy/sell orders are entered. When the sell is filled, it should cancel the buy but it still says active even after the sell order is closed for a profit.

//sell

{
OrderDelete(ticketbuy);
Print("Open",OrderOpenTime());
}

sunman4008 wrote >>

Hello,

Unfortunately that did not work. Here is what I have now.... Also, I have included a snapshot of the strategy tester where a buy/sell orders are entered. When the sell is filled, it should cancel the buy but it still says active even after the sell order is closed for a profit.

//sell

{
OrderDelete(ticketbuy);
}

Beats me, do you get any error messages in the experts log?

Keith

not quite see what requirement is but for the heck of it - might find something of use below...

#define BUY_MAGIC 16384
#define SELL_MAGIC 26384

ticketbuy=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,1,highvalue,0,stopvalue,profitvalue,"buy order",BUY_MAGIC,0,Green);

//sell
ticketsell=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,1,lowvalue,0,stopvalue,profitvalue,"Sell order",SELL_MAGIC,0,Green);

//When the sell is filled, it should cancel the buy
//
if(OrderSelect(ticketbuy,SELECT_BY_TICKET))
{
  if(OrderMagicNumber()==BUY_MAGIC)
  {
    if(OrderType()==OP_BUYSTOP)
      OrderDelete(ticketbuy);
    /*else  //maybe you use this part IF any potential for buy pending to become buy market order...
    if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)
      OrderClose(ticketbuy,OrderLots(),MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_BID),/*PUT SLIPPAGE VALUE HERE*/,Violet);
    */
  }
}

Reason: