Why my tester takes into account only last 3 months of data?

Hi guys

I have some high frequency trading strategies and I would like to naje a test. I have 5M data since 2003 day by day, but when I start testing, it takes only last 3 months day by day and other older data it takes only random? data? for example when I start since 01 jan 2008 it takes 17 jan, 24 jan etc and go on and since 1oct 2008 test is correct. Whats going on? Ive downloaded data and my data in database seems to be OK. Is there any bug???

If you use the mode "Every tick" you need M1 history as well.

Roger:
If you use the mode "Every tick" you need M1 history as well.

thank You Roger, previously I had no 1M history larger than 3 months but now I have and still the same, i dont know wghats going on....do I need also 1H 1Day etc history for 5M tetser?

ladygaga wrote >>

thank You Roger, previously I had no 1M history larger than 3 months but now I have and still the same, i dont know wghats going on....do I need also 1H 1Day etc history for 5M tetser?

Hello!

The fact that the test only "starts" on 17 jan when you set it to start on 1 Jan, may be due the EA settings. Although you say it's a high frequency ea, try looking into the settings to see if (using the 5M TF) there is some setting that is not met until 17 Jan. Maybe you could run a test on visual mode to "see" what is happening...

:)

rubencouto:

Hello!

The fact that the test only "starts" on 17 jan when you set it to start on 1 Jan, may be due the EA settings. Although you say it's a high frequency ea, try looking into the settings to see if (using the 5M TF) there is some setting that is not met until 17 Jan. Maybe you could run a test on visual mode to "see" what is happening...

:)

thanks robencouto but how to change that settings? when i run my ea on visual mode, the plot is from the beginning, from 1 jan but my ea makes transaction only for few days a months. For example i tested my ea 1 month ago from 1 sep and it was ok, it made over 100 transaction durong the september now when i run it it takes from september only few days and makes few transactions ... what the f**k is going on?

Reason: