are you satisfied with the features and possibilities MT5 is offering and with MT5/MetaQuotes generally? (multiple answers allowed) - page 2

Yes, it is good to read.

I just hope that one day - they (in russian speaking forum) will go to our part of mql5 to see our discussion for example :) 

Hi

I think MT5 is a good program but it could be much better. Here are some suggestions:

There is a limited choice of trading instruments, it is still not possible to trade index futures, for example: DAX, FTSE, S&P etc. Metaquotes should focus more on the availability of these instruments.

Multi terminal option, I'm running two terminals for 2 different expert advisors on 1 instrument (EURUSD) on my pc. This is very clumsy.

newdigital:

Yes, it is good to read.

I just hope that one day - they (in russian speaking forum) will go to our part of mql5 to see our discussion for example :) 

:)

well, it is no problem at all today. you just switch to chrome (googles browser),  it has ability to automatically translates the page if it detects certain language,
and that works  perfectly.

sadly, i'm not feeling comfortable in posting questions/answers on russian using google translate, because i can see how it massacres the language when translating.
it is a perfect tool for translating, but not for 'writing'. 

angevoyageur:
So can you confirm that it's worth to invest time in reading russian forum (archives) ? To be sure not waste my time.

yup, IMO it is more useful, it seems that there are more competent in average than here. Just check the bugs section, which doesnt even exist here.

and if you use chrome, you almost don't notice that it's in russian :)

Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

snelle_moda:

Hi

I think MT5 is a good program but it could be much better. Here are some suggestions:

There is a limited choice of trading instruments, it is still not possible to trade index futures, for example: DAX, FTSE, S&P etc. Metaquotes should focus more on the availability of these instruments.

Multi terminal option, I'm running two terminals for 2 different expert advisors on 1 instrument (EURUSD) on my pc. This is very clumsy.

problem is in new 'position' system, to use two or more EAs on same instrument, you either have use two accounts, or all EAs have to use virtual order management.

A Virtual Order Manager to track orders within the position-centric MetaTrader 5 environment
A Virtual Order Manager to track orders within the position-centric MetaTrader 5 environment
  • Paul
  • www.mql5.com
This class library can be added to an MetaTrader 5 Expert Advisor to enable it to be written with an order-centric approach broadly similar to MetaTrader 4, in comparison to the position-based approach of MetaTrader 5. It does this by keeping track of virtual orders at the MetaTrader 5 client terminal, while maintaining a protective broker stop for each position for disaster protection.

graziani:

yup, IMO it is more useful, it seems that there are more competent in average than here. Just check the bugs section, which doesnt even exist here.

and if you use chrome, you almost don't notice that it's in russian :)

Bugs section ? Where ?

angevoyageur:
Bugs section ? Where ?
here.

graziani:
here.
Ok thank you. But it's not a special section, only a dedicated topic. We can also do that here on English forum if you wish.

angevoyageur:
Ok thank you. But it's not a special section, only a dedicated topic. We can also do that here on English forum if you wish.
well, if this is a way to get some bugs solved, why not?

graziani:
well, if this is a way to get some bugs solved, why not?
Of course. You can create such a topic, no problem.
Reason: