alert iterations

I have written a custom indicator that puts up an alert box and play the alert sound when my criteria are met, but it makes the alert sound on every tick.

How do I make sure it only alerts me on the first signal and not on every tick.

eg:

if (X,y,z)

{

Alert("Signal")

}

how do I make sure the above example does not alert me every tick that those criteria are true but rather only the 1st time those criteria come true?

thanx

bool firstTime = true;
if (X,y,z)
{

if (firstTime)
 {
   Alert("Signal");
   firstTime = false;
 } 
}

GarF1eld:

Thank you very much. I will try that.

if you would just paste that code in your EA, it wouldnt work :D

declare firstTime as a global variable. and

firstTime = true;

put into the init() function.

23510:

Thank you very much. I will try that.

Garfield I tried it but it does not seem to work, I am new to coding so Im sure I am doing something wrong, can you please take a look at my code and see if you can tell me what I am doing wrong...

I will post my indy with the indy's it uses.

thanx

23510:

Garfield I tried it but it does not seem to work, I am new to coding so Im sure I am doing something wrong, can you please take a look at my code and see if you can tell me what I am doing wrong...

I will post my indy with the indy's it uses.

thanx

here's the indy it uses

Files:

23510:

here's the indy it uses

and this one

Files:

Now my indy is not alerting me when all the conditions are met....it does not wait for the CCI 34 to be in the correct place.

GarF1eld:

if you would just paste that code in your EA, it wouldnt work :D

declare firstTime as a global variable. and

put into the init() function.

Ok thank you, that works now, now all I have to figure out is why the idy signals before all the criteria are met....frustrating me a bit. ;)

23510:

Ok thank you, that works now, now all I have to figure out is why the idy signals before all the criteria are met....frustrating me a bit. ;)

AAAh Im an idiot! I had the wrong SetIndexBuffer value in the CCi 34 settings!!! it works now.

Thanks Garfield for your advice on the iterations, helped very much.

You're welcomed.

Good luck

Reason: