automatic stop placement - page 2

If I knew what I was doing, I could modify this sample script.

Instead of closing the program upon verification of an open order, it could place my stop.

Is this where you are leading me?

I found a script called "StopLossMove" it looks like an automatic trailing stop.

It is almost what I am looking for.

breman - "If I knew what I was doing, I could modify this sample script" - do self BIG favor, go start studying MQL4 book

not being harsh but knowing wat doing is kinda the whole idea in attempts to NOT loose ur deposit and to stand any chance at that u gotta bite bullet and learn.

do u not think is reasonable path to follow?

Best to u

FBJ - This is definitely good advice.

Is it possible to learn the language from the MQL4 book or would you advise learning C first?

breman:

FBJ - This is definitely good advice.

Is it possible to learn the language from the MQL4 book or would you advise learning C first?

Learning C won't hurt but it's not necesary --a little overkill if you just need to learn to program for the MQ4 platform. Technically speaking, MQL4 is like a subset of C therefore much easier to learn. If your goal is to learn how to program in general then I definately would recommend C. The difference is more control over the CPU and tons of legacy code and libraries. Furthermore, if you know C you will be able to create DLL (Dynamically Linked Libraries) to be imported into MQL.

Reason: