MT4 - creating strange large files

Hi. My MT4 is creating large files in the /tester/logs folder when using strategy tester.

Some files are as large as 118gig (yes gig).

Is there an option I can change or is something else wrong.

Rudy

Run the tester for a specified short time period.

Open the log and see what it says.

phy:

Run the tester for a specified short time period.

Open the log and see what it says.

I tried your suggestion and was still creating big files. I probably screwed up a "for" or "while" loop.

Based on yoursuggestion, I have started over with a new EA.

Thanks

Rudy

MT12345 wrote >>

Hi. My MT4 is creating large files in the /tester/logs folder when using strategy tester.

Some files are as large as 118gig (yes gig).

Is there an option I can change or is something else wrong.

Rudy

I also noticed this last night when testing my stratgey regorously, not only this, it was taking up of uptill 2GM of my LAPTOP's RAM,

By closing chart windows and keeping only one opened, it reduced this. Also when u import data by pressing F2 it takes lots of RAM computer resources as well, such as H disk space. Since I wanted to avoid this and knowing bill gates "windows opeating system" I decided to backup my EAs, Templates, Sounds, and profile folders, unistalled the MT4, downloaed fresh copy from the broker website, re-installed and re-copied my folders back. Its working fine, reduced the RAM and HARD DISK usage both. Also check, if u have any 3rd party defrag utility "such as smartdefrag" running while using MT4, dont run disk defrag while MT4 is running or in fact any data intensive software is running.

Hope this helps u.

reagrds.

Reason: