How to get a tick chart for range trading

Can anyone tell me how to design my chart into ranges

lucrativ:
Can anyone tell me how to design my chart into ranges

By default you can't. A tools is needed, be patient, I come to you with more information.

Edit : See here if that help you.

angevoyageur:

By default you can't. A tools is needed, be patient, I come to you with more information.

Gonna check it out now, thanks..

angevoyageur:

Checked it out, not what i meant at all. 

I'm inquiring about a tick chart, where each bar's hi, low, open and close is determined by the amount of ticks the user sets it to be. 

eg. a 13 tick chart:  a new bar is formed after 13 ticks. 

I'm not interested in it as an indicator.?

lucrativ:

I'm inquiring about a tick chart, where each bar's hi, low, open and close is determined by the amount of ticks the user sets it to be. 

MT5 does not have Range bar or Renko bar charts as standard.  If you want them they have to be created in real time by an Indicator or EA as an offline chart,  or internally in an EA.

lucrativ:

Sorry, misunderstood. May be this is more interesting for you ?

You can also search yourself with "range trading" as keywords.

RaptorUK:
MT5 does not have Range bar or Renko bar charts as standard.  If you want them they have to be created in real time by an Indicator or EA as an offline chart,  or internally in an EA.

Thank you for trying to help answer.  CAn you please tell me what EA stands for and i have MT4 not 5.

So let me get this straight, MT4 does not have tick charts?  Only mintue charts? 

angevoyageur:

Sorry, misunderstood. May be this is more interesting for you ?

You can also search yourself with "range trading" as keywords.

No sir, didn't help, range charts are charts where the bars are formed by a predetermined amount of ticks.  You know how on say your 5min chart, a new bar forms every 5 mins?  Well, in tick charts, a new chart is formed every 13 ticks or so for eg.?

lucrativ:

Thank you for trying to help answer.  CAn you please tell me what EA stands for and i have MT4 not 5.

So let me get this straight, MT4 does not have tick charts?  Only mintue charts? 

:-D Please post your question about MT4 on MT4 Forum.

EDIT : Sorry, when I saw MT4, I did not even read your question, I would have, and respond.

MQL4: automated trading forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL4: automated trading forum

angevoyageur:
:-D Please post your question about MT4 on MT4 Forum.
Ok, thanks.  Peace

lucrativ:

Correct,  MT4 & MT5 have M1 as the standard smallest timeframe.  EA is Expert Advisor.  
Reason: