TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 208 at 2008.06.27 19:00 exceeded) - page 2

Agent86:

Yep, I was actually going to do just that

Thanks

HI there

I have experienced the same problem but after I downloaded Dukascopy data and saved it in csv format (for 1 min TF) I cant get it on the meta4 history window. I can find the file and open it but no data is showed on the window below. I guess I have to correct the columns and file arrangement but don´t know how to. Can anyone help me here please?

Justhavingfun:

HI there

I have experienced the same problem but after I downloaded Dukascopy data and saved it in csv format (for 1 min TF) I cant get it on the meta4 history window. I can find the file and open it but no data is showed on the window below. I guess I have to correct the columns and file arrangement but don´t know how to. Can anyone help me here please? 

I downloaded the tick data not the M1 data . . .  but it might be worth trying the CSV2FXT script anyway as this will create the full set of hst files for you,  use Google and you will find the source of CSV2FXT

Justhavingfun:

HI there

I just wanted to comment that I already got the data on the window buy just eliminating the first line.

krishna_gopal_2:

Hi,

Can you suggest historical data vendor for Commodities like Copper, Gold, Silver etc.... for testing purpose?

Sorry,  no,  I have concentrated on Forex so don't have any Metals data other than a little GoldUSD

i encounter the same problem .

my EA has two conditions A and B to open orders ,when test A or B separately ,no "unmatched data error " message appear ,but when when combine them together with " || " , the message appear , it is very strange .

now i fixed it ,uninstall the plateform ,and setup it ,the ea works ,

why ?

anyone tell me ?

thanks

if i setup a terminal without applying a demo account or login ,is it a pure plateform for import data .at this time the connection state is "no connection "

thanks

YALEWANG:

if i setup a terminal without applying a demo account or login ,is it a pure plateform for import data .at this time the connection state is "no connection "

No,  you need to connect to a Broker at some point . . .  or try and create the folder structure yourself and make up your own symbols.sel file . . .  if you can.   

YALEWANG:

i encounter the same problem .

my EA has two conditions A and B to open orders ,when test A or B separately ,no "unmatched data error " message appear ,but when when combine them together with " || " , the message appear , it is very strange .

now i fixed it ,uninstall the plateform ,and setup it ,the ea works ,

why ?

anyone tell me ?

thanks

who can tell me why ?

YALEWANG:

who can tell me why ?
It was a coincidence . . .  "unmatched data error" is just to do with your history data and would have appeared regardless of he EA you were trying to run as long as you ran it on the same date range.

RaptorUK:
It was a coincidence . . .  "unmatched data error" is just to do with your history data and would have appeared regardless of he EA you were trying to run as long as you ran it on the same date range.

it seems not so simple ,i encounter this  again ,

i think the editor may not perfect ,when i test my ea ,i often compile and save it many times after change the conditions ,

when test separeately ,every condition works well ,but combine them with "||" ,the result is different ,win become loss ,or even no orders opened .

Reason: