What is scalping?

In the rules of the CS20008 it is not allowed for scalping (when 25% of Orders are closedwithin the spread....)

when i search in google or other sites there are few descriptions of "what is scalping"

But it seem that few traders have few oppinions.

So,what is the oppinion here, what is scalping?

I guess this question will be also interessted for some other participantsof the CS2008?

Best regards from Austria/Europe

viennatrader wrote >>

In the rules of the CS20008 it is not allowed for scalping (when 25% of Orders are closedwithin the spread....)

when i search in google or other sites there are few descriptions of "what is scalping"

I guess this question will be also interessted for some other participantsof the CS2008?

No one interestet for give us his opinion?

Scalping:

A trading strategy that a day trader used to make small profits on small price movements. Traders who used this strategy to trade are also known as scalpers.

Scalping, when used in reference to trading in securities, commodities and foreign exchange, may refer to (i) a fraudulent form of market manipulation or (ii) a legitimate method of arbitrage of small price gaps created by the bid-ask spread.

The practice of trading in and out of the market on very small price fluctuations. A person who engages in this practice is known as a scalper

It is their contest, their rules.

Thank you for your interesting and detailed description!

viennatrader wrote >>
Thank you for your interesting and detailed description!

On google search, use "define:xxxxxx" and you will get definitions that it knows about...

In this case, define:scalping

phy wrote >>

On google search, use "define:xxxxxx" and you will get definitions that it knows about...

In this case, define:scalping

Thx, Phy!

This i was not using until now but will be helpfull in the future :-)

viennatrader:

Ja und scalping ist auch der Sport den die nordamerikanischen Indianer auf eine gewisse Zeit betrieben, als die Weisshaete kamen und ihnen ihr Land wegnahmen .... ahahaha :)

opti wrote >>

Ja und scalping ist auch der Sport den die nordamerikanischen Indianer auf eine gewisse Zeit betrieben, als die Weisshaete kamen und ihnen ihr Land wegnahmen .... ahahaha :)

Na, Du bist ja ein ganz lustiger Kerl :-)

Reason: