Demo issues: Profit/Loss targets below 100?, and changing spread/commision from $30 to X?

Hey all,

Great forum here, lots of great people and advice. Keep it up!

First Q:

Currently playing with this app, and just wondering, in the demo, if I can change my stop/profit loss to be lower than 100? Currently I place an order, then modify it, and try to change it lower than 100, but its not doing it.

Is this a limitation within the demo? or the demo "broker" file? Just trying to figure out whats going on here.

Second Q:

I have noticed that in the demo, the minimum spread, or commission for placing an order is $30. Whilst I appreciate this is just a demo function, I would like to test my orders against a realistic commission charge like $5, etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction for changing this field? I have read somewhere that a HEX edit needs to be done, however it seems hard to actually get the right info for this job.

Any help would be great.

Cheers!

1. Stoploss/TakeProfit are entered as prices, not number of pips.

2. Your demo should provide realistic values and trading conditions as specified by that dealer already.

phy:

1. Stoploss/TakeProfit are entered as prices, not number of pips.

2. Your demo should provide realistic values and trading conditions as specified by that dealer already.

Hrmm...

Sorry to sound like a newb, but :

1. regardless of if its entered as a price, or PIP, I cannot change this values below 100 in my demo. What is the cause of this? Is this determined by the broker file built into my demo? Reason I ask is because as my demo stands at the moment, the lowest I can set my profit take is $100, which is to high for testing my current strategy. See the problem? It would be ideal if I could set this at $50 as a starting point, but I just cannot.

2. Again sorry to sound like a newb, but when I place a trade, im instantly down $30, and need to make that back before I even begin to profit. Are you saying that in a live account, $30 is a normal spread/commission charged by a broker? I would have thought $30 per trade is very excessive!

I appreciate your comments PHY, and hope you can help me out here to fully understand whats happening.

Cheers!

Ok, you may be running into your broker restriction on how close you can set your stops/tp. You are working with a Dealer when you trade with MT4, and Dealers operate on a different premise than a Broker, which you likely dealt with in the past if you have experience trading Equities or another security on an exchange. Spot Forex is not exchange traded.

You need to check the MarketInfo() for the pair you are trading.

View -- MarketWatch.

Right Click white space - select Symbols

Select the pair of interest, press Properties button.

The Stop Levels value is probably 10. You cannot place a stop or tp within 10 pips of current price or order price.

Tell your Dealer to take a hike, he won't let you place an order where you want it.

Reason: