is threre any EA trading on GOLD or SILVER ?

hi !

i have seen lots of ea trading on eru/usd or gbp...

is there something on GOLD(xauusd) or SILVER(xagusd)

and any ideas about thtat...

thanks all.  

xhxiang:

hi !

thanks all.  

May be ... you can check in CodeBase.

As to me so I like to make technical analysis for gold and silver but I do not like to trade them - because of different points per 4 digit pips ... I never know where to place stop loss for example and what happened with margins.

newdigital:

May be ... you can check in CodeBase.

As to me so I like to make technical analysis for gold and silver but I do not like to trade them - because of different points per 4 digit pips ... I never know where to place stop loss for example and what happened with margins.

so you means...it's more worthy to make profit on ERU/USD than gold.? so most people trade on them.

xhxiang:
so you means...it's more worthy to make profit on ERU/USD than gold.? so most people trade on them.

Every pair is good to make a profit :) I traded gold and Silver - you can see it on some my thread where I uploaded the statement for example.

EURUSD is more understandable - I know that 20 points = 2 pips (4 digit pips, in case of 5 digit broker). But for gold and silver - I will need some indicator or script to calculate those values (I am talking about practical situation when no time to think about it). Because if I do mistake with it - I can get margin call. This is my experience.

Documentation on MQL5: Trade Functions / OrderCalcMargin
Documentation on MQL5: Trade Functions / OrderCalcMargin
  • www.mql5.com
Trade Functions / OrderCalcMargin - Documentation on MQL5

Because everything is in points in Metatrader. But the profit is calculated in 4 digit pips by traders ... it is fine for EURUSD, USDCHF and so on. But for silver and gold pairs - no idea ... I do not feel to be comfortable with this situation to trade those pairs manually in this case.

If you are talking about EA so I did not see any for gold and silver. In case of EA - every trader can make all the calculation/checking before attaching EA to the chart. But in case of manual trading - stop loss/take profit values should be placed "on fly" especially if I am doing scalping. Because in case of manual trading - no time to thinking so much about "how many 4 digit pips is having 100 points for gold and silver".

It may be good to see some maney management indicator in CodeBase which will calculate 4 digit pips for "how many points", margins, show me the leverage of my account and so on.

xhxiang:

hi !

thanks all.  

I think what you meant was Silver and not Sliver, use Google Translate to translate back to your native language.

The reason why many EA does not trade XAU or XAG is because the cost to open position for these precious metals are considered expensive compare than the cost of opening forex. Therefore, from Return of Investment (ROI) point of view, trade XAU/XAG is not considered profitable compare with forex. 

Yes, i agree with you.

I open 0.1 position lot size on EURUSD and my broker spreads is pips fixed and i open the same lot size on Gold but behold the spread is 60pips and at times its 100pips.

So, i prefer trading forex more than all.

so,i see . meybe i should try forex sometime...:)
Reason: